Article 1. Usage Terms and Conditions
Article 1. Usage Terms and Conditions
- If the User is a minor, the Application may be used on the condition that the minor’s parent or other legal representative (“Person with Parental Authority”) completes the user registration as the minor’s representative or the minor obtains the consent of the Person with Parental Authority to complete the user registration.
- The User shall obtain a user account (“Account”) by performing registration procedures (“User Registration”) according to the method prescribed by gumi, and thus use the Application. A user ID (“ID”) shall be issued to the User after the user completes the User Registration.
- At the time of User Registration, the User shall correctly input the user’s password (if and when applicable) and other information asked for by gumi. In the event this information changes, the User shall promptly make such changes by the method prescribed by gumi.
- In the event the device used changes due to a model change or other reason, the User shall follow the procedures prescribed by gumi when he/she desires to continue using his/her own Account on the new device (“Transfer”). gumi prescribes the extent to which Transfer is possible. Once Transfer is completed, the User may no longer use the Account on the device used prior to transfer.
- The User shall not allow a third party to use or share with a third party his/her device, ID or password.
- In using the Application, the User shall take responsibility for managing his/her own device, ID or password, and shall assume all responsibility for acts performed using his/her device, ID and password.
- All acts performed using the device, ID and password used by the User shall be deemed to be acts by the User who conducted the User Registration with said device, regardless of who actually uses the Application using said device.
- gumi assumes no responsibility whatsoever for damages incurred by the User due to damage to or loss of the device used by the User, for attacks by third party malware, spyware, viruses, hacking, cracking or such, for poor management of the device, ID or password or errors in use, or for use of the User’s password or ID by a third party.
- In the event there is a risk of the User’s device, ID or password being fraudulently used by a third party, the User shall promptly take measures, such as changing the password or notifying gumi of said risk of fraudulent use, necessary to avoid said fraudulent use.
- In the event the User forgets or losses his/her ID or password, the User shall immediately notify gumi and follow gumi’s instructions. gumi assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any loss (including the loss of items, virtual currency, and points obtained by the User in the Application, game progress status in the Application, the User’s posted data, and all other statuses realized in the Application ( “Game Data”)) that the User may incur due to the User forgetting his/her password.
- All copyrights, patent rights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights (“Intellectual Property Rights”) relating to the Application shall belong to gumi or the third party properly holding those rights.
- The Application is made available to the User for his/her personal, non-commercial use only. The User shall not copy, revise, publicly transmit or otherwise use in a manner that would infringe the Intellectual Property Rights of gumi any information provided by gumi in the Application, without the consent of gumi. However, this does not apply in the case of use of the information by the User for personal purposes.
- The Application is provided with so-called messaging functionality and message-board functionality ( “Posting Functionality”) that allows a User to transmit text or images to other specified or unspecified Users.
- The User shall assume all responsibility for the content of text, images and other information saved or transmitted to other specified or unspecified Users using the Posting Functionality (“Posted Data”). gumi assumes no responsibility whatsoever for the content of Posted Data.
- The User warrants that the Posted Data does not infringe any rights or interests, including third party intellectual property rights, privacy rights, image rights and other personal rights (“Intellectual Property Rights and Personal Rights”).
- In the event a third party files a claim, initiates a lawsuit or a dispute otherwise arises due to the Posted Data of a User, the User shall assume responsibility for resolving the matter at his/her own expense.
- gumi may use saved and accumulated Posted Data for the purpose of operating and improving the Application, and the User consents to such use. In cases where the User has a copyright on the content or such, said consent does not prevent the exercise of these rights.
- In cases where gumi determines it to be necessary, gumi may view Posted Data and delete all or a portion thereof.
- When a User uses the Application, gumi may obtain the following information (or other information as requested in the Application (“User Data”):
- Email address;
- Device information (devices used, OS, device language settings, access country, MAC address, etc.);
- Use conditions for the Application (such as the Application version and use history); or
- Information regarding the offers participated in.
- Information regarding customer inquiries, trouble shooting, and user data analysis.
- gumi uses the Data for the following purposes:
- Delivery of user confirmations and notifications;
- Analyses of user trends and such, as well as the provision of services, advertisements and other information related to analysis;
- Creation of statistical data relating to use conditions and such for the Application, announcements of same in the Application or on the gumi website or such, and provision thereof to third parties; or
- gumi will not disclose the Data to a third party without the consent of the User.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding section, gumi may use all or a portion of the Data for the purposes listed above jointly with gumi Asia Pte. Ltd. (Blk 71 Ayer Rajah Crescent #06-08 Singapore 139951) and gumi West (Gofukumachi Business Center 5F, 10-10 Kami-gofuku-machi, Hakata Ward, Fukuoka City, Fukuoka Prefecture). The person responsible for managing the Data at each company is as listed below:
- Regardless of the provisions of Section 4, gumi may disclose the Data without the consent of the User in the following cases:
- When pursuant to laws and regulations;
- When necessary to protect the life, body or assets of a person;
- When particularly necessary for the improvement of public health or the promotion of the sound development of children, and obtaining consent is difficult; or
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, local government or other person so entrusted in carrying out work set forth by laws or regulations, and there is a risk that obtaining consent would impede the carrying out of such work.
- When a User withdraws his/her registration from the Application, when gumi deletes a User’s Account, or when gumi ends the provision of the Application, gumi may delete all the Data at its own discretion.