Announcement

No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arena Battle: Categorized Opponent's ABP

With intention to remove the viewing of opponent's ABP, what im suggesting is instead of removing the feature, perhaps it can be switched to a different viewing style.

From the current ABP value, input a category system for user/player to weigh the risk rather than selection of your opponent solely based on wins/losses which have no statistical support that having more wins, their abp are higher, vice versa. This will greatly reduce user/player's frustration of losing abp due to RNG when they select their opponent.

The key idea is, there is no guarantee for players to achieve 200 ABP every round by just refreshing.

I'll show an example below.

If: User's ABP -3000 to -1500, User's ABP +2500 to +2999 = Under Par
    If: User's ABP -1500 to -500, User's ABP +1500 to +2500 = Par
    If: User's ABP -500 to -Zero, User's ABP +Zero to +1500 = Above Par

-While i don't know anyone who will likely to battle with 'Under Par' category, but at least players wont lose 200abp because they picked a player out of random. It is as if when you click Enter Arena and the system had already randomly picked a opponent for you.
    --To make things fair, there is a trade off from choosing your opponent based on these characteristic.
    Players at least can consider their wins/losses and the category of their opponent and make a decision.
    ----To note, user/player's can view their own ABP and their opponent's viewing style will be as suggested.

*Refer to the attached picture for a reference (Pardon me with my simple edit).
    Last edited by lionelle; 10-28-2014, 12:03 AM.

bump for notice

Comment

Would be nice... Now that the "glitch" has been fixed, I keep beating people... and getting like 10 points...

Comment

• lionelle
        lionelle commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah the bad thing now, is that my abp are increasing inconsistently, catching up to my friends seems so hard now, but Hey i am saving a lot of time because i dont bother refreshing anymore.
        Just click 'Enter Arena', and 'Battle' anyone who come straight up.
        I guess im pretty lucky, some of my battle still managed to pick off some higher ranking players.
        Last edited by lionelle; 10-30-2014, 12:36 PM.

I like this idea but I think you got your categories backwards.... and I think your numbers need a little tweaking, maybe more like this?

If: User's ABP +2000 to +2999 = Above Par
      If: User's ABP +1000 to +2000 = Par
      If: User's ABP Negative to +1000 = Under Par

Comment

Originally posted by AnyaMind View Post
        I like this idea but I think you got your categories backwards.... and I think your numbers need a little tweaking, maybe more like this?

If: User's ABP +2000 to +2999 = Above Par
        If: User's ABP +1000 to +2000 = Par
        If: User's ABP Negative to +1000 = Under Par

Nope, if you compare the range of numbers,

Category A: If: User's ABP -3000 to -1500, User's ABP +2500 to +2999 = Under Par -- [1,500 Negative numbers, 1,499 positive]
        Category B: If: User's ABP -1500 to -500, User's ABP +1500 to +2500 = Par -- [1,000 Negative numbers, 1,000 positive)
        Category C: If: User's ABP -500 to -Zero, User's ABP +Zero to +1500 = Above Par -- [500 Negative numbers to 1,500 positive]

Thus, looking at Category A labeled from simplicity, the possibility of encountering a negative ABP opponent is still very high but choosing this category of opponent may earns you the maximum ABP of 200, and a minimum of 175?

Similarly for Category B, the range is reduced so that you have an equal of values.

Lastly, Category C, the possibility of encountering an opponent with a positive ABP is higher, however winning the match does not earn you very high ABP.

The main idea is the risk and return concept.
        Points to note is, even when encountering a Under Par opponent, winning the match will entitle you with the minimum ABP/game or maximum ABP/match and the same concept applies for losing.

Comment

This is a great idea! I'm currently facing "under par" opponents and its getting tedious!

Comment

Working...
          X
          CLICK HERE!