Announcement

No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kite's Brave Blog - Birthday Special! - March 28 - April 15 Edition

Hello, everybody! I hope all of you guys had a Happy Easter!

As I've been gone for a couple of weeks due to my sickness and due to the religious holiday we have here, now I am back once again to bring you the latest stuff happening throughout Brave Frontier!

First of all, I would like to thank my good friend, sephanx for temporarily filling my spot while I was away!

It's almost the end of the month of March and April is just right around the corner! So this issue will last from March 27 to April 15!

Unit Review: Advanced Entities batch 2 - Lafiel, Reihard, Malbelle

Now it's time to make a review for the second half of our Advanced Entities!

Lady Magnetizer, Galvanic Belle Lafiel

Unit # 1247
    Element: Thunder
    Rarity: 7*
    Max Level: 120
    Cost: 42
    Arena AI Type: 2

Stats at Lv. 120 (Lord-type only)

HP: 6511 (+1000)
    ATK: 2404
    (+300)
    DEF: 2633 (+600)
    REC: 2462 (+400)

Max Imp Cap Type: Defense-type

Leader Skill: Imperial Magnetic Field
    30% boost to Def, max HP & negates critical, elemental damage

Extra Skill: Love of Human Life
    Damage taken greatly boosts BB gauge & probable 20% damage reduction

Brave Burst: Tetra Bulwark
    15 combo Thunder attack on all foes, Spark damage slightly boosts BB gauge for 3 turns & 50% damage reduction for 1 turn

Super Brave Burst: Defender's Magnetism
    17 combo powerful Thunder attack on all foes, Spark damage slightly boosts BB gauge for 3 turns, damage taken greatly boosts BB gauge for 3 turns & 50% damage reduction for 1 turn

Ultimate Brave Burst: Violet Core: Misericordia
    22 combo massive Thunder attack on all foes, 75% damage reduction for 3 turns & restores all HP and enormously boosts BB gauge for 3 turns

How to Evolve:

Electric Beauty Lafiel @ Lv. 100 + Thunder Mecha God +
    Miracle Totem + Thunder Totem + Dragon Mimic + Metal Mimic + 1,500,000 Zel

My Review for Lafiel:

Paralleling Laberd's mitigation abilities, she has a weaker boost of HP/DEF through her Leader Skill, but she can negate both critical and elemental based damage.

As much as other mitigators have (for most of them) has a 20% damage reduction Extra Skill at 20% chance, and fills 2-3 BC in the BB gauge whenever she gets hit.

Following all 50% damage mitigaion units, she has a different skillset from Laberd's. She can buff the entire party with Spark BB gauge fill effects at a 100% chance.

Her SBB has the same effects but it also buffs 4-7 BC fill in the BB gauge when damaged.

Her UBB is a 3-turn 75% mitigation, 3-turn full HP cure and 3-turn 999 BC fill.

Her effectiveness can vary depending on the element, compared to Laberd. However, in terms of survival rates when used as a leader, Lafiel is a great addition to the team if you don't have any other mitigators. She is also battle proficient in Raid!

In Thunder Frontier Gate, she can be a really decent mitigator with her effects active. Her only con is her low hit count comparing that to Shera's 30 hit AoE SBB.

Fun Facts: If you look very closely, there are tetra cubes whenever she attacks, and she rolls like a ball whenever she attacks. Talk about mitigation in the modern tech! Lafiel has several abilities based on bending magnets, crystals and the core that she used as a weapon.

Lafiel also marks the 2nd damage mitigation unit after 11 batches since Shera.

My Rating for Lafiel:

Unit Art: 10/10
    Stats: 9/10
    Leader Skill: 10/10
    Extra Skill: 10/10
    BB/SBB: 10/10
    UBB: 9.9/10
    Quest Effectiveness: 10/10
    Arena Effectiveness: N/A
    Raid Effectiveness: 9/10
    Trials & GGC Effectiveness: 9/10
    Global-exclusive Effectiveness: 8/10
    FG/FH Proficiency: 7/10
    Grand Quest Effectiveness: 8/10

Overall Rating: 9.4/10

Scientific God, Dharma Seal Reihard

Unit # 1250
    Element: Light

HP: 6604
    (+1500)
    ATK: 2457 (+300)
    DEF: 2601 (+300)
    REC: 2352 (+300)

Max Imp Cap Type: HP-type

Leader Skill: Scientific God's Protection
    35% boost to all parameters & negates all status ailments

Extra Skill: Insatiable Scientific Spirit
    Negates all status ailments & greatly reduces BB gauge required for BB

Brave Burst: Imperial Refraction Seal
    15 combo Light attack on all foes, removes all status ailments, negates all status ailments for 3 turns & negates Atk, Def, Rec reductions for 1 turn

Super Brave Burst: Sinful Rivalry
    17 combo powerful Light attack on all foes, boosts Def relative to max HP for 3 turns, slightly reduces Fire, Water, Earth, Thunder elemental damage for 1 turn & enormously boosts BB gauge

Ultimate Brave Burst: Severing Primordial Rivalry
    20 combo massive Light attack on all foes, greatly boosts max HP, greatly boosts Def relative to max HP for 3 turns & enormously reduces Fire, Water, Earth, Thunder elemental damage for 2 turns

How to Evolve:

Flawed Principle Reihard @ Lv. 100 + Light Mecha God + Miracle Totem + Light Totem +
    Dragon Mimic + Metal Mimic + 1,500,000 Zel

My Review for Reihard:

Considerably underrated due to his abilities, but he can serve as a counterpart for those who don't have Limera. However, his abilities are still limited to other contents.

A 35% boost to all stats and the power to negate all abnormal statuses are his specialty for his Leader Skill. While he self negates these ailments while a 20-25% BB gauge cashback is available through his Extra Skill. Making him a good status cleanser.

While his BB gives a status cleansing and status negating for 3 turns, he also negates all stat reduction effects for 1 turn as well.

And his BB fills 10 BC for all allies normally, 10% of HP is converted to DEF for 3 turns and has a 1-turn Fire/Water/Earth/Thunder damage reduction, similar to Limera's.

The comparison of her BB/SBB effects clashes once another can it can be very difficult to buff and rebuff these effects. So make sure you plan ahead before using Reihard in harder contents.

His UBB gives a permanent 25% max HP boost, a 25% Max HP conversion to DEF for 3 turns, and turns all Fire/Water/Earth/Thunder elemental damage to 1 for 2 turns. This 4-element 1 damage reduction is somehow effective against the enemies that has any of those 4 elements. Despite that Reihard himself is not affected by elemental damage of these 4 elements, it is still a doable unit to temporarily survive these deadly attacks.

His UBB 4-element reduction is an upgraded version of Limera's 3-turh 75% 4-element reduction UBB yet Reihard's buffs only lasts for 2 turns.

Fun Facts: What do you think is his resemblance with? Does he use magic cards? Or cards that explodes? You judge!

My Rating for Reihard:

Unit Art: 9/10
    Stats: 9/10
    BB/SBB: 6/10
    UBB: 9/10
    Arena Effectiveness: N/A
    Raid Effectiveness: 8/10 - Good against Fire/Water/Earth/Thunder enemies
    Trials & GGC Effectiveness: Varies
    Global-exclusive Effectiveness: 7/10
    FG/FH Proficiency: N/A
    Grand Quest Effectiveness: 7/10

Overall Rating: 8/10

Gothic Lady Blaster, Ghastly Blaster Malbelle

Unit # 1253
    Element: Dark

HP: 6520
    (+1000)
    ATK: 2754 (+600)
    DEF: 2535 (+300)
    REC: 2200 (+400)

Max Imp Cap Type: Attack-type

Leader Skill: Dark Lady's Annihilation
    80% boost to Atk & 100% boost to Spark damage

Extra Skill: Precious Records
    Greatly boosts Atk when HP is full & boosts Atk when BB gauge is full

Brave Burst: Dimension Wipe: Phi Region
    14 combo Dark attack on all foes, greatly boosts BB Atk for 3 turns, probable Spark critical and enormously boosts BB gauge for 3 turns

Super Brave Burst: Integral Decoherence
    18 combo powerful Dark attack on all foes (consecutive uses boosts damage), additional powerful attack at turn's end, greatly boosts BB Atk and probable Spark critical for 3 turns & fills own BB gauge to max

Ultimate Brave Burst: Divide Paradox
    23 combo massive Dark attack on all foes (damage relative to remaining HP), massive attack at turn's end, enormously boosts Spark damage & Spark damage enormously boosts BB gauge for 3 turns

How to Evolve:

Occult Arms Malbelle @ Lv. 100 + Dark Mecha God +
    Miracle Totem + Dark Totem + Dragon Mimic + Metal Mimic + 1,500,000 Zel

My Review for Malbelle:

She's dark, she's emo, she's crazy! She fires from her *CENSORED*!

Let's take a look at her abilities.

Her Leader Skill is pretty obvious so I will not explain any of it further.

Like other unlimited SBB units before her, her ATK boost when her HP is full is 80%, and another one at 50% boost whenever her BB gauge is full. At full HP and BB gauge, she has a 130% ATK boost with the requirements fulfilled.

Her BB buffs 200% BB Atk, and buffs her allies with Critial Spark effect. A new buff that turns all Spark damages to criticals (represented with a crimson colored "SPARK" in it), and gives her allies 12 BC fill instantly, not for 3 turns.

Her SBB is of course gives her infinite ammo (duh!), from base 500% damage mod, to a whopping 1000% if used in succession, it also gives a 750% DoT debuff, and the same BB Atk and Critical Spark buff for 3 turns. Her DoT however actually lasts for only 1 turn.

Her UBB's damage modifier this time is based on how much HP she has. With a base 1200% at low HP, to a whopping 2000% at 100% HP. It also gives all her enemies a 1-turn 1000% DoR effect, 130% Spark damage boost and a 100% 5-8 BC fill in the BB gauge when sparking all for 3 turns.

Her effectiveness varies from content to content but Malbelle has the best advantage in severl Vortex Units, such as Imp Parade, where she can kill much quicker than Nemethgear due to her static animation (she doesn't move to an enemy to attack). So positioning doesn't matter to her, just pop a Fujin and autobattle SBB her! (Unless you encounter an Arton)

Fun Facts: Malbelle is the very first unit to have the ability to inflict critical hits when Sparking. This was later succeeded by Dure and Nyami, and much later, Eze's Omni Evolution and Orna's 7* form (coming soon!).

Malbelle, despite being a part machine, she has an obvious fashion for anything black, dark and emo. This trait was first given to Kikuri, Lemia and Charis.

Malbelle's Japan name is Maribelle, something that doesn't feel right with her Global name.

My Rating for Malbelle:

Unit Art: 9/10
    Stats: 10/10
    Leader Skill: 7/10
    UBB: 9/10
    Arena Effectiveness: 9/10
    Raid Effectiveness: 10/10
    Global-exclusive Effectiveness: Varies
    FG/FH Proficiency: 8/10
    Grand Quest Effectiveness: Varies

Overall Rating: 9.5/10

Unit of the Week will be temporarily unavailable

You all heard it. I will temporarily close Unit of the Week for the meantime due to my little time in making Unit Reviews. Gee-weez! There are plenty of new stuff coming by. Don't worry! I'll let you know when it will be back!

*NEW* Kite's Conspiracy

Unable to bring this from my last issue, now I'll tell you what my new segment is called for.

It is actually an open forum talk about the Brave Frontier world. Mostly unit-related lores, canon/non-canon appearances, deja vus (if any), or confusing facts and predictions of what actually happen to these heroes, heroines and beasts in the world of Grand Gaia, Elgaia and Ishgria.

Disclaimer's Warning: Before reading, I would like to tell you all that these facts can be 100% true, not true or simply debatable. To those who will just rant or say anything negative about these facts, I suggest to just keep everything to yourself in order to protect the writer (Me), the forumers, players and friends alike. We all have our own opinions, so don't be such a perfectionist about it. We can all talk about it here.

Issue #1: Shida all around the world

We all know that Shida is the original King of Frontier Hunter, the only thing that we see from him is that he is literally EVERYWHERE in the world of Grand Gaia. He is also focused over various Units, such as Themis, Oboro, Zellha, Reeze & co. and many more.

Shida, being the most trusted dark sorcerer in Bariura, conducted many horrible, insane and inhumane experiments to those who come in contact to him. We still do not have any idea on how did he die or who did he come in contact to in the end. Maybe we'll find it out this April once his 7* form comes!

How about you guys? What do you think of Shida's multiple appearances over multiple arcs and sagas in the game? Feel free to talk about it by posting a reply!

Also, I've set up a poll of 15 "conspiracy" theories that I made up on who should I make next in the next issue. Just pick your vote! Depending on your choice, I will make a certain thought on what to write. There are no real winners. So just make a vote and let your voice be heard of it!

*MUST READ!!!* - OMNI EVOLUTION HYPE!

Kindly refer to the links below on the full information of the much awaited events and Omni Evolutions!

http://forums.gumi.sg/forum/news-boa...omni-evolution

http://forums.gumi.sg/forum/news-boa...me-gifts-daily

I know you are all hyped and excited! So am I! Let's hope for the best! Who will you evolve first?!
    Farzen is Colt
    7.14%
    Tilith dies
    7.14%
    Bathing Suits
    3.57%
    How I Met Your Ishrion
    3.57%
    Is Kiravel a Chicken?
    7.14%
    Lin's Sidejob
    10.71%
    The L & R in Japanese/Global Names
    0%
    Zurgophobia and Bariophobia
    0%
    Lafiel is a Hedgehog descendant
    3.57%
    Why does Vertri exist?
    3.57%
    Sera is a Jedi
    14.29%
    Grahdens is Grand Gaia's Santa Claus
    7.14%
    Farlon's Murder Frenzy
    14.29%
    Did Reed and Lucana Marry?
    3.57%
    Seria's Highest Arena Rank is Seraphim
    14.29%
    Last edited by Kite; 03-28-2016, 01:47 AM.

*MUST READ* Maintenance Notes for March 30

Tons of brand new contents are coming in the way pretty soon! Some of them are the much awaited 7* forms of Owen and Grahdens, and the 7* forms of the next set of Legacy Units; Phoenix, Mega, Sodis and Zephyr!

Other new stuff are the following:

- Colosseum
    - Advanced Auto Battle
    - Auto Quest Replay

...and many more!

Refer to this link for more information:

http://forums.gumi.sg/forum/news-boa...h-29-22-00-pst

*MUST READ* Trial EX6: Breaking Barriers Discussion Board

Two of the finest Summoners of Old will surely torture us the moment we step on their EX Trial! What are your expectations for this battle and what will be your strategy for it?

Divine and Rare Summon Promotions

Several rate ups for units before and after the Six Pillars batch beckons us in the summon gates

Refer to this link for the full details.

http://forums.gumi.sg/forum/news-boa...e-summon-promo

*BREAKING NEWS!!!!* VORTEX GATE'S SPECIAL EVENT!

ALL VORTEX DUNGEONS WILL BE OPEN FOR A MEASLY 31 DAYS! WOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOO!!!

You can now take advantage of this special event by collecting evolution materials for your Units and for the Six Heroes' upcoming Omni Evolutions! What are you waiting for!?

Special Unit Review: Phoenix, Mega, Sodis & Zephyr

The month is about to draw its closure and we must not forget that these old heroes of the past has already received the highest peak of their power! Let's take a look on how Phoenix, Mega, Sodis and Zephyr grow to their 7* forms!

The Pinnacle of Phoenixes, Immortal Phoenix Levarza

Unit # 1232
    Element: Fire
    Cost: 40
    Arena AI Type: 1

HP: 6671
    (+1000)
    ATK: 2100 (+600)
    DEF: 2211
    (+300)
    REC: 2223 (+400)

Max Imp Cap Type: Attack-type

Leader Skill: Loving Purification Flames
    40% boost to Def, max HP of all Units, hugely boosts HC efficacy, Spark damage restores HP & restores HP each turn

Extra Skill: Iridescent Flame
    Resistance against 1 KO attack when HP is below 20%

Brave Burst: Vermillion Feather
    13 combo Fire attack on all foes, greatly restores HP and damage taken slightly restores HP for 3 turns & probable resistance against 1 KO attack

Super Brave Burst: Renaissance Soar
    17 combo powerful Fire attack on all foes, additional attack at turn's end for 3 turns, considerably restores HP & boosts Def relative to max HP for 3 turns

Ultimate Brave Burst: Ra-Hoor-Khuit
    Fully restores HP, high probability of raising allies from KO, considerably boosts max HP & activates Fire barrier

How to Evolve:

Phoenix Reborn @ Lv. 100 + Fire Mecha God +
    Miracle Totem + Fire Totem + Dragon Mimic + Legend Stone + 1,500,000 Zel

My Review for Phoenix:

The original firebird of Brave Frontier is back with brighter and shinier color of flame in its body!

From trash to the ultimate unit of resurrection and life, Phoenix now shines bright with its new abilities!

Phoenix's Leader Skill of 40% HP/DEF boost, 80% effectiveness of healing when picking Heart Crystals and all Sparks done heals roughly 200-400 HP and restores 500-1000 + 10% of total REC of HP every turn.

As an obviou ability of Phoenixes, it's Extra Skill bestows an Idol buff at 20% HP.

It's BB is a burst HP heal, which gives it a great counter unit against DoT inflicting enemies, it also bestows all allies to heal 20-25% of damage they took as HP with 20% chance of triggering, and it gives a 10% Idol activation buff as well. It may be really low and may think it sucks, but what would RNG do anyway?

It's SBB is a HP regen effect and converys 15% of Max HP to DEF for 3 turns, it also gives all enemies a DoT effect that lasts for 3 turns.

Phoenix's UBB is similar to those RPG games have. A full HP restore, a 66% chance of resurrecting all dead allies, a 25% max HP boost, and turns a Fire elemental Barrier that has 20,000 HP

Phoenix also became one of the best units to use in the Arena due to it's Extra Skill, giving it some powerful spheres to make it attack.

Despite it's defensive and curative nature, it has a very high max Imp Cap in it's ATK stat and with 11 hits. Give this bird some spheres that can deal greater damage and watch your enemies target it. It will definitely come back to life with its Idol buff! Bwaahahahahahaha!

Fun Facts: Phoenix's UBB name is similar to what the Egyptian Sun God, Ra is described for. It also foreshadows its ability to revive the dead with its Fire powers. Phoenix is the first unit to bestow a buff that gives a chance to restore a portion of damage dealt as HP, it was later followed by Selena's Omni form.

My Rating for Phoenix:

Stats: 7/10
    BB/SBB: 9/10
    UBB: 10/10
    Quest Effectiveness: 10/10 - although not necessary
    Arena Effectiveness: 10/10 - also good in Challenge Arena
    Trials & GGC Effectiveness: 10/10
    Global-exclusive Effectiveness: 9/10
    FG/FH Proficiency: 10/10 - if you will use Phoenix in the Fire FG, goodluck.
    Grand Quest Effectiveness: 10/10

Overall Rating: 9.8/10

Pirate Extraordinaire, Ocean Conqueror Mega

Unit # 1233
    Element: Water

HP: 6500
    (+1100)
    ATK: 2656 (+440)
    DEF: 2006 (+440)
    REC: 2257
    (+440)

Max Imp Cap Type: Balanced

Leader Skill: Water Sage's Wisdom
    100% boost to Atk of Water types & considerably boosts BB gauge each turn

Extra Skill: Pirate's Dream
    Spark damage boosts BB gauge & 50% boost to Spark damage

Brave Burst: Ducario Flood
    15 combo powerful Water attack on all foes & considerably boosts BC, HC drop rate and greatly restores HP for 3 turns

Super Brave Burst: Poseidon's Catastrophe
    2 combo massive Water attack on all foes, hugely boosts own BC drop rate, greatly restores HP & considerably boosts BC, HC and Atk for 3 turns

Ultimate Brave Burst: Sea King's Wake
    21 combo massive Water attack on all foes, enormously boosts BC, HC and Atk for 3 turns converts Def into enormous Atk boost for 3 turns for 3 turns

How to Evolve:

Sea King Mega @ Lv. 100 + Water Mecha God +
    Miracle Totem + Water Totem + Dragon Mimic + Legend Stone + 1,500,000 Zel

My Review for Mega:

His animation is much quicker now, they said. It'll be more useful, they said... But let's have a look if this is true or not!

Well it is true that his animation is much quicker, however, Mega has tons of cons that not even Lava, Will or Alice have.

His Leader Skill boosts all Water types' ATK by 100%. And like Lava, Will and Alice before him, a 4 BC fill every turn.

2-3 BC fill in the BB gauge and 50% Spark damage is buffed to him through his Extra Skill.

With all of his BBs now have healing properties, it also gives some HC/BC drop rate buffs as well.

While his BB hits 15 times, his SBB hits twice with a self BC drop rate buff of 75%, while buffing the party with HC/BC drop rate buff and ATK as well.

His UBB... gives power and ultimate disappointed at the same time. I'll tell you why.

While power is incredibly high... this also leaves your entire party vulnerable to all attacks, turning them into paperweight.

75% boost to HC/BC drops, 300% normal ATK buff, and converts all of the party's DEF into ATK for 3 turns. Power wise, great... however this leaves you a glass cannon. So be careful when using his UBB.

Fun Facts: Mega's lore continues along with how he fought against the gods and his... fate along with Stya. His abilities are all based over the myths of Poseidon.

My Rating for Mega:

Unit Art: 8/10 - Oh look! It's Wailord!
    Stats: 7/10
    Leader Skill: 5/10
    Extra Skill: 5/10
    UBB: 1/10 - I know you will all be disappointed on how his UBB turns you into paper... trust me.
    Quest Effectiveness: 5/10
    Arena Effectiveness: 8/10 - Raydn has better LS effects though
    Raid Effectiveness: 4/10
    Trials & GGC Effectiveness: N/A
    Global-exclusive Effectiveness: N/A
    Grand Quest Effectiveness: N/A

Overall Rating: 3.4/10 - Mega is not really good on his own despite his greater abilities... his effectiveness are all limited.

Leader of the 12 Guardians of the Gods, Paladin Crusader Sodis

Unit # 1234
    Element: Light
    Arena AI Type: 4

HP: 6725
    (+1100)
    ATK: 2622 (+440)
    DEF: 2154 (+440)
    REC: 1911 (+440)

Leader Skill: Royal Flash Conviction
    15% damage reduction from Dark types, hugely boosts Light Type elemental damage & 100% boost to Spark damage

Extra Skill: Value of Trust
    Spark damage boosts BB gauge, adds 20% boost to Atk, HP and probable Spark vulnerability to BB/SBB when Guardian Shard is equipped or adds 20% boost to Def, HP and 1 turn 50% damage reduction to BB/SBB when Guardian Sliver is equipped

Brave Burst: Supreme Light Edge
    13 combo Light attack on all foes & hugely boosts Spark damage and considerably boosts BC efficacy for 3 turns

Super Brave Burst: Fateful Flare
    19 combo powerful Light attack on all foes, hugely boosts Spark damage for 3 turns & boosts BB Atk and Light element damage for 3 turns

Ultimate Brave Burst: Twelve-Pointed Cross
    24 combo massive Light attack on all foes, enormously boosts Spark damage for 3 turns & hugely boosts BB Atk and considerably boosts Light element damage for 3 turns

How to Evolve:

Guardian Chief Sodis @ Lv. 100 + Light Mecha God + Miracle Totem + Light Totem +
    Dragon Mimic + Legend Stone + 1,500,000 Zel

My Review for Sodis:

Sorrow, grief and agony empowered Sodis even more after his younger brother killed him. Sodis lived on as a spirit filled with chaotic emotion with his 7* form and this happens now.

Like the other "traitor" Guardians, he has a 15% damage reduction over Dark types, a Light elemental damage boost, and 100% Spark damage

Sodis' Extra Skill is unique due to it's self customization effect. Depending on either Guardian Spheres you give him provides him different special buffs when his BB/SBB is used.

Guardian Shard being an Offensive-based, it gives 20% HP/ATK and adds a Spark Debuff effect of 25% at 25% chance
    Guardian Silver being a Defensive-based, it gives 20% HP/DEF and adds a 1-turn 50% damage mitigation

His BB mimics his 6* form's powers, but new effects were added:

BB - 30% BB gauge fill rate buff
    SBB - BB Atk buff (although it's only 150%)

Sodis' SBB also boosts the ATK power of all Light-types by 120%

His UBB gives a 130% Spark damage buff, 150% BB Atk & 120% Light elemental damage buff.

Considering his limited uses, you can customize your Sodis to what do you want him to be. If you don't have Krantz or Gazia yet, then Sodis can be doable as a damage mitigator as long as you give him the Guardian Silver. Otherwise, his use is limited to Light-types among everything else.

Fun Facts: Sodis is the only Unit with a customizable Extra Skill, depending on what Guardian Spheres you equipped to him, varies his BB/SBB's added buffs/abilities.

My Rating for Sodis:

There are two separate ratings depending on Sodis' effectiveness in general contents.

Unit Art: 10/10 - SOMEBODY CALL PETA!! ANIMAL ABUSE!
    Stats: 9/10 - His stats were high enough pre-Guardian/Oracle revamp. Sodis is one of the few units in the old school days where his HP is at the 6000 mark if you have him as Oracle in the past.
    Leader Skill: 7/10
    Extra Skill: 10/10 - As mentioned, his ES is customizable depending on your preference
    UBB: 7/10
    Quest Effectiveness: 10/10 if used as a mitigator, 8/10 if used offensively
    Arena Effectiveness: 6/10
    Raid Effectiveness: 10/10 if used as a mitigator, 6/10 if used offensively
    Trials & GGC Effectiveness: 8/10 if used as a mitigator, 4/10 if used offensively
    Global-exclusive Effectiveness: 7/10
    Grand Quest Effectiveness: 8/10 if used as a mitigator, 4/10 if used offensively

Overall Rating: There are two overall ratings for Sodis depending on his proficiency used.

Offensive - 6/10
    Defensive - 9/10

Phantom Victor Zephyr a.k.a. "Akras Z. Muzel"

Unit # 1235
    Arena AI Type: 3

HP: 6704
    (+1100)
    ATK: 2555 (+440)
    DEF: 2108 (+440)
    REC: 2054 (+440)

Leader Skill: Shadow King's Conviction
    15% reduction in damage from Light types, hugely boosts Dark type elemental damage & considerably boosts OD gauge fill rate

Extra Skill: Nameless Witness
    Adds Def ignoring effect to BB/SBB for 2 turns & raises normal hit amount

Brave Burst: Dusk God's Blade
    15 combo Dark attack on all foes, slightly boosts OD gauge & boosts Dark elemental damage for 3 turns

Super Brave Burst: Savage Nemesis
    19 combo powerful Dark attack on all foes, slightly boosts OD gauge & considerably boosts Atk, Def, Rec for 3 turns

Ultimate Brave Burst: Dusk Sky Seeker
    23 combo massive Dark attack on all foes, boosts OD gauge, activates Dark barrier & hugely raises normal hit count for 3 turns

How to Evolve:

Dark Warlord Zephyr @ Lv. 100 + Dark Mecha God +
    Miracle Totem + Dark Totem + Dragon Mimic + Legend Stone + 1,500,000 Zel

My Review for Zephyr:

Before he becomes Akras again, he turned himself into one of the best 12 Guardians used in the game. Let's take a look at his powers!

15% damage reduction from Light types, and boosts Dark elemental damage. His new trait is his 20% OD gauge fill rate boost!

His Extra Skill turns him into a menace in the Arena with his added hit count boost to himself, while his 2-turn Defense Ignore effect is now a part of his Extra Skill as well. And yep! It's now instant, unlike his old forms that the Def. Ignore activates so late!

Unlike the other "traitor" Guardians, his Dark-type ATK buff is through his BB. Instead, his SBB buffs 130% ATK/DEF/REC! Great for SBB spam if you don't have some units that boosts all parameters for 3 turns!

His OD gauge fill is instant, and depending on what BB you used. 6% for regular and 8% for Super.

His UBB boosts 25% in the OD gauge, it also activates a Dark-elemental Barrier and gives a +4 normal hit count buff for 3 turns!

With his powers of the Overdrive gotten to him, Zephyr becomes much more powerful than ever. Add him up with other units that fills OD gauges and see him wreck everything with everybody's UBB's!

Fun Facts: Zephyr is one of the two survivors of the 12 Guardians, other being Signas.

*SPOILER WARNING!*

Zephyr's family name that he hated so much is Akras Z. Muzel. The name in which the Summoners' Hall was given as his dying wish of "independence from the gods".

A little hint of his name was given in the region of Zamburg by Grahdens. It also implies that the Z in his true name is called "Zephyr".

My Rating for Zephyr:

Leader Skill: 8/10
    Quest Effectiveness: 10/10 if used as a sub and in Metal Parades
    Arena Effectiveness: 10/10 if used as a sub
    Raid Effectiveness: 10/10 if used as a sub
    Trials & GGC Effectiveness: 10/10 - Leader Skill is good against Maxwell, Ark, Lucius and in Dark FG, otherwise good as sub
    Global-exclusive Effectiveness: 8/10 if used as a sub
    FG/FH Proficiency: 10/10 if used as a sub
    Grand Quest Effectiveness: 10/10 if used as a sub

Overall Rating: 9.9/10!

[b]Limited Time Only Spring Global Exclusive Unit[b]

Juno-Seto beckons us at the Rare Summon Gate as she is only available for a limited time! Kindly refer to the in-game news for more information!

My Birthday Special

As you may all know, I am now 25 years old. To those who share their gratitude in getting me a simple "Happy Birthday!", I thank you for it and I really do wish for an even greater life ahead of me!

Thanks to all my friends who have always believed in me even though I'm already at the point where you guys are sometimes annoyed by me or you guys make fun of me. But it matters not as long as you keep me as your friend, dear Summoner, and a brother.

I will still continue to support each and everyone of you in the future, I will never stab you all in the back!

If you wish to give me more birthday wishes, don't hesitate to message me! Every message counts! ^_^

Happy birthday to me!
    Last edited by Kite; 03-30-2016, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Special Unit Review: Grahdens & Owen 7*

Two of the finest Summoners of Old has reached the pinnacle of power for those who conquered one of the most difficult Extra Trials to date!

Let's take a look at their most powerful 7* forms ever!

Renowned Veteran, Effulgent Dusk Grahdens

Unit # 1255
      Cost: 45

Stats at Lv. 120

HP: 6620
      (+1100)
      ATK: 2680 (+440)
      DEF: 2650 (+440)
      REC: 2550 (+440)

Leader Skill: Ancient Sky's Fury
      50% boost to all parameters & 15% damage reduction from Light, Dark types

Extra Skill: Veteran's Discipline
      20% boost to all parameters when Ishrion is equipped & adds enormous BB gauge boost to BB/SBB for 3 turns

Brave Burst: Variable Rise
      18 combo Dark & Light attack on all foes, adds Light, Dark elements to attack for 3 turns, negates all status ailments for 3 turns & negates Atk, Def, Rec reductions for 1 turn

Super Brave Burst: Chrono Ishrion
      26 combo powerful Dark & Light attack on all foes, activates Dark barrier, adds Light, Dark elements to attack for 3 turns & boosts OD gauge fill rate

Ultimate Brave Burst: False Dawn
      28 combo enormous Dark & Light attack on all foes, fully restores HP and enormously boosts BB gauge for 3 turns & enormously reduces damage from Light, Dark types for 2 turns

How to Evolve:

Twilight God Grahdens @ Lv. 100 + Dark Mecha God +
      Miracle Totem + Dark Totem + Light Totem + Grand Amethyst + 1,500,000 Zel

How to Obtain (Grand Amethyst):

Trial EX6: Breaking Barriers - Clear Reward

My Review for Grahdens:

Simply one of the most badass units in the game, Elder Grah reached his most powerful ever as he becomes one of the best units in the game. As the Extra Trial proven to be extremely challenging, those who conquered it has indeed feel it worthy!

With a crazy 50% boost to all stats and 15% damage reduction from Light and Dark types, Grahdens still proves to be one of the best units against Dark and Light enemies

Now possessing the power to equip his most precious weapon, the Ishrion, his Extra Skill triggers with an added 20% stat boost. Normally, he can have an additional BB gauge regeneration buff of 8 BC filling the BB gauge for 3 turns if either BB or SBB is used.

Continuing his usual ability to attack with 2 elements in his BB, and buffing everybody with Dark and Light elements, Grahdens also has new effects as his disposal.

His BB now gives status nullification and stat reduction negation effects. All for 3 and 1 turns respectively.

While his SBB now adds a 2000 HP 0 DEF Dark Barrier that absorbs all Dark attacks, it is permanent until it breaks. He can also fill the OD gauge by 20% too! Talk about some UBB Spam out there!

His UBB deals a whopping 1500% damage modifier and again, attacks with Dark and Light elements. With overpowering effects such as full HP cure, 999 BC fill for 3 turns, he also reduces all Light and Dark elemental damages to 1 for 2 turns as well! Grahdens really has reached way way back to his prime!

Grahdens' usefulness varies from content to content. So don't hesitate to put him in any content with some of the most dangerous assets!

Fun Facts: If you notice something is really different in his 7* art, let me know! Because the spear is gone, perhaps that Ishrion has undergone a powerful transformation upon his 7* evolution.

He is also one of the 4 Units in Global thus far with a total cost of 45. Other being Gazia, Lucius and Owen.

My Rating for Grahdens:

Arena Effectiveness: 10/10
      Trials & GGC Effectiveness: 10/10
      Global-exclusive Effectiveness: 10/10
      FG/FH Proficiency: 10/10 - You might want to try him in Dark Frontier Gate! Kekek!
      Grand Quest Effectiveness: 10/10

Overall Rating: 10/10!!!!

The First Summoner, Blazing Dawn Owen

Unit # 1254
      Element: Fire
      Cost: 45

Stats at Lv. 120

HP: 6850
      (+1100)
      ATK: 2820 (+440)
      DEF: 2570
      (+440)
      REC: 2260 (+440)

Leader Skill: Divine Aurora's Supremacy
      50% boost to all parameters, critical damage hugely boosts BB gauge & enormously boosts critical hit damage

Extra Skill: Glorious Charge
      20% boost to Atk, Def, Rec, max HP when Medblare is equipped & adds huge damage boost against status afflicted foes to BB/SBB for 3 turns

Brave Burst: Ember Edge
      19 combo Fire attack on all foes, high probable Injury, Weak effects & enormously boosts critical hit rate

Super Brave Burst: Medblare's Roar
      26 combo powerful Fire attack on all foes (consecutive uses boosts damage), considerably boosts Atk, Def for 3 turns & hugely boosts Atk relative to Def for 3 turns

Ultimate Brave Burst: Whelm Ars Magna
      29 combo massive Fire attack on all foes, additional massive attack at turn's end for 3 turns, enormously boosts Atk, Def, Rec for 3 turns & enormously boosts BB Atk and critical damage for 3 turns

How to Evolve:

Raging Blade Owen @ Lv. 100 + Fire Mecha God +
      Miracle Totem + Fire Totem x2 + Grand Garnet + 1,500,000 Zel

How to Obtain (Grand Amethyst & Medblare):

Trial EX6: Breaking Barriers - Clear Reward

My Review for Owen:

For those who love, hate and is furious of Owen, be more furious as his 7* form gives us more terror as he reached his most horrifying and powerful abilities!

As Grahdens is Light and Dark based with some support and healing, Owen is more into critical hits and massive damage.

And thanks to Medblare being an Attack/Damage boosting type Sphere, he can reach more than 19-20k HP and about 8000+ ATK with the Medblare or the Occult/Beiorg Armor/Bourn Jewel in it, add him up as a Leader, too.

Any crits landed will fill 6-8 BC in the BB gauge and gives a 150% critical hit damage boost

With Medblare on, his 20% all stat boost is triggered. And even without it, he can buff the entire party with a 160% ATK buff to all units to deal more damage against enemies with staus ailments inflicted on them through his BB/SBB all for 3 turns!

BB remains an Injury/Weak proc. attack with 60% maximum Critical Hit Rate buff

SBB's power increases the more he uses it from it's 570% base to 870% maximum, 140% ATK/DEF buff for 3 turns, and a whopping 80% ATK boost relative to the DEF stat

UBB is also at 1500% damage modifier, it also gives a painful death buff to all of its enemies with its 1000% DoT debuff, a whopping 3-turn 250% ATK/DEF/REC boost, 500% BB Atk buff and 300% boost to Critical hit damage

With that being said Owen is indeed mad.... MAD WITH POWER!

Fun Facts: Unlike Grahdens' Ishrion, Medblare is the sword in which Owen used in his journeys throughout Ishgria.

Ofcourse you all know him as "The First Summoner", so let's leave it at that before he scares us!

My Rating for Owen:

Leader Skill: 10/10 - However, it can vary due to some future contents in which enemies are resistant, highly resistant or immune to Critical Hits
      Arena Effectiveness: 10/10
      Raid Effectiveness: Varies
      Global-exclusive Effectiveness: Varies
      FG/FH Proficiency: 10/10 - Also effective in Fire FG
      Grand Quest Effectiveness: Varies

Overall Rating: 9.9/10!

*はエイプリルフールをお読みください!

みんなこんにちは!
      あなたが思っている場合は、私も日本語を話すことができます。
      ...冗談です!これはちょうどエイプリルフールの悪ふざけです! 良い一日を! ははは!

Burny & Friends are back!

Today is April Fools Day. And today marks the return of the ever trolling Nice Burny in the Vortex Gate to be captured!

You can also collect these fake "Jems" in order to craft the Bravest Blade!

.... ..... ..... ....

KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE!!!!!

*MUST READ* 2x EXP & 80 Honor Points Event

Our much awaited favoriting grinding event is back until April 14! Grind up some EXP and Honor Points while enjoying the new Auto Quest/Battle Features!

Raid Class 6 Shusui and Beiorg Missions

They are back and it's double the trouble! Head to Raid Battle and try your luck in obtaining and crafting some of their finest Spheres in the Imperial Capital Randall!

Shusui will surely fry you and Beiorg will electrify you! What are you waiting for?!

*MUST READ* Colosseum's Release!

A new Arena content has arrived and it's time for us to show our best offense and defense squads in Colosseum!

New Grand Gaia Chronicles: Oracle Knight's Troop

Ark and friends has released their storyline saga in Grand Gaia Chronicles! What you may have noticed throughout the arc is that most of the battles in here are scripted! Meaning, they may commit suicide at certain thresholds or when a certain turn has passed.

Update: The Gumi Support Team has fixed the bug! Yay! Time to re-do it again!

1/2 Energy Cost Event & Heroes Challenge Vortex

Half Energy is back at the Vortex! .... But it causes crashes in selected Vortex Quests with 1/2 Energy Cost banner in it... BOGUS!

Meanwhile, the Six Heroes Challenge are back! This is a big opportunity for you guys to capture the Six Heroes and get some awesome rare mats!

Don't forget that once Magress' Vortex is out, make sure you farm out for some Mifunes! Since Japan has recently revealed an artwork on what will Omni Mifune look like!

Grind away!

Last edited by Kite; 04-08-2016, 01:35 AM.

Comment

*MUST READ* Final Ishgria Map: Menon

The time is at an end as Menon beckons to us! Witness the climatic final battle against the Holy Emperor Karna Masta in this final region!

Other Plans

Once again, I apologize for being inactive... lots of stuff going on here and there. So starting the next issue, me and sephanx will take turns in giving you the latest happenings in BF Global!

More details will be given by the end of the day.
        Last edited by Kite; 04-14-2016, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Archives

All previous issues will be placed here for your convenience!

Jan. 1-16 Issue - http://forums.gumi.sg/forum/main-for...-01-16-edition
          Jan. 17-31 Issue - http://forums.gumi.sg/forum/main-for...7-1-31-edition
          Feb. 1-15 Issue - http://forums.gumi.sg/forum/main-for...1-2-15-edition
          Feb. 16-29 Issue - http://forums.gumi.sg/forum/main-for...6-2-29-edition
          Mar. 1-13 Issue - http://forums.gumi.sg/forum/main-for...1-3-13-edition
          Mar. 14-27 Issue - http://forums.gumi.sg/forum/main-for...-27-edition​

Disclaimer/Acknowledgement/Special Thanks

This review is of course a self made contribution to players. Any feedback are most welcome to all readers and players alike. If you feel like I am missing something, let me know and we'll definitely add it! (With a little testing.)

If you have any negative or unpleasant comments that may ruin my or others' reputation, please keep it to yourselves.

I would like to thank all my friends who gave me the inspiration to write this thread for the convenience of everybody here in the forums! Don't forget to Like this thread if you think that I am doing a good job!

Until then, happy reading and have fun!

~ Kite

Comment

Hello, guys! I'M BACK!

And let's turn this party on!

But first, time to read some stuff here! So read away, folks!

Edit: For those who are confused in the theory "Tilith dies". It was actually what I made up in mind when Bariura was first debuted in Global last year. To my mind, Tilith died at the final quest in Bariura and never came back, until we had Ishgria and prove that Tilith didn't die but instead became the seal to the gate, until her miraculous return in Estria.
            Last edited by Kite; 03-27-2016, 09:41 PM.

Comment

I'm just glad that you finally added the ratings for FG/FH, all that's missing is the Lore Rating (which I forgot myself.)

GREAT THREAD I WOULD ASSUME as I haven't read them yet.

Comment

So, I don't know the exact date, but

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kite Nii-san!

May you have a great life and lots of blessing (especially health) and get a better luck at summoning gate

Comment

• Kite
                  Kite commented
                  Editing a comment
                  March 31, little Shironui

Save it on that day, if you please?

It would be more special if you greet me on the actual day. Only 3 days left!

• Shironui
                  Shironui commented
                  Editing a comment
                  LOL, I will.

sticky as always...

Happy Bday... didn't notice that your birthdate is 1 day ahead of mine :P
                Brave Frontier - Facebook || Twitter || Instagram || Ticket Follow up

Comment

• VM06 Alrick
                  VM06 Alrick commented
                  Editing a comment
                  errr 31... only a day ahead of yours...

• Shironui
                  Shironui commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Suppose to be 30th

• Kite
                  Kite commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ......So your birthday is tomorrow then, VM06 Alrick ?

Happy Birthday Kite.

Comment

• Kite
                  Kite commented
                  Editing a comment
                  But you're 2 days early, VM14 Leon

Thank you in advance!

• Kite
                  Kite commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I guess you're hiding in the shadows again, VM14 Leon :P

In the spirit of making way to the upcoming release of the Omni Evolutions Era, Unit reviews of the second half of the Heroes of Eneroth (Mikael, Allanon and Nyami) will be postponed and will be moved in the April 16-30 Issue. Instead we will have Unit Reviews for the next set of oldie units with 7* forms (if they will come out by the end of the month... COME ON YOU GUYS!!!) and the Six Heroes' Omni Evolution Forms as well!

P.S.: This is a big one! A big BIG challenge for me!

Comment

The discussion board for Trial EX6 is up! Read away and tell me your preparations too!

Comment

It's time to get this party started! Added info is now up! Read up!

Comment

Reed hit it and quit it, lel.
                      Nice review as always, except on Mega.
                      #hater

Comment

• Kite
                        Kite commented
                        Editing a comment
                        WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHTTTTT!?!?!??!

Happy birthday, Kite! >w< I hope you have a marvelous day full of fun, presents, and all other wonderful things! ;3 You and I haven't talked "very" much, but the times that we have spoken have been very pleasant and I look forward to continuing to get to know you! ^^ I always enjoy your Brave Blog posts and even though I don't always comment, I always read them and find them quite helpful. Unit reviews is a really difficult task, and I have a great respect for the time and effort you take to bring us these reviews and posts, so thank you very much for that! Hope you enjoy your special day! : D

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      CLICK HERE!