Announcement

No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kite's Brave Blog - March 2016 2nd Half - 3/14 - 3/27 Edition

Hey there! Seph here, bringing you the second half (for the month of March) of Kite's Brave Blog!

Our resident reviewer, Kite, is temporarily out of commission due to the struggles of daily life, however, he will be back in the next issue of KBB, just in time for his birthday too! Make sure to send him get well soon messages and birthday wishes!

In the meantime, I'll be providing the reviews for this issue. Let's get started!

Unit Review: Aqua Goddess Abel
    The loving (and lovable) water spirit turned goddess has won the polls in the last issue, so it only makes sense that we give her an in-depth review!

The Benevolent Beauty: Aqua Goddess Abel

Unit # 751
    Element: Water
    Rarity: 6*
    Max Level: 100
    Cost: 24

Stats at Max Level (Lord-type only):

HP: 5799 (750)
    ATK: 1761 (300)
    DEF: 1792 (300)
    REC: 1705
    (720)

Max Imp-Cap Type: Recovery-type

Leader Skill:
    15% reduction in damage from Water types & 20% boost to Def and max HP for all Units

Brave Burst: Elixir Shower
    Boosts all allies' Def & critical hit rate for 3 turns

Super Brave Burst: Aqua Sprite
    15 combo powerful Water attack on all enemies & boosts all allies' Def & critical hit rate for 3 turns

How to Evolve:
    Meltia @ Lv. 80 +
    Miracle Totem + Water Totem + Water Pot +Metal Mimic

My Review for Abel:
    Disclaimer: Review of Abel may or may not contain a lot of words pertaining to love.

Being a devoted deity, it's only natural that this ravishing ruler of the seas acts as mixed bag of support for the squad. Her LS provides survivability in form of additional HP and DEF, which is always useful, however, she shines even more when leading against enemies/bosses of the water element. If paired with a mono-water lead such as Selena, she has some potential.

Active skills are somewhat unusual. For the most part, she boosts DEF and critical hit rate. The only difference with her BB and SBB is that the latter has an additional 16 hit-count AOE attack.

Surprisingly, she isn't able to heal allies despite being a goddess of love, and with her REC having the highest imp cap, but I digress, back in the 6* era, she had the 3rd highest critical hit rate buff (45% on her SBB). Maybe if she gets a Legacy form, she'll be able heal her allies with her active skills? We can only hope.

Fun Fact: She shared the stage (an FH Terminus stage) with another loving lady Freya, and throughout the stage they were singing a love song. Additionally, it would seem that the alluring avatar may have had a hard time choosing a pair of trotters at first, as Undine had feet, and then Meltia had talons. In the end she saw a pair of flats that would look good on her thus she chose a pair of feet. Good move, Abel, good move. (get it?)

My Rating for Abel:
    Unit Art: 10/10
    Stats: 6/10
    Leader Skill: 8/10
    BB/SBB: 6/10
    Quest Effectiveness: 7/10
    Arena Effectiveness: 7.5/10
    Raid Effectiveness: 6.5/10
    Frontier Hunter / Gate Effectiveness: 6/10
    Trials & GGC Effectiveness: 6/10
    Global-exclusive Effectiveness: 6/10
    Grand Quest Effectiveness: 7/10

Overall Rating: 6.9/10
    She is clearly outclassed by today's units, but when paired with mono-water leads such as Selena, she can most definitely function well.

Unit Review: Karl and Seria's 7* Forms Unleashed!

Estria, a kingdom where demons once reigned, is finally out! Along with the release of this frozen land are the materials needed for Karl and Seria's much awaited 7* forms!

The Half-Blood Draconic Demon: Boreal Courage Karl
    Unit# 1218
    Rarity: 7*
    Max Level: 120
    ​Cost: 40

HP: 6600
    (1000)
    ATK: 2651 (600)
    DEF: 2183 (300)
    REC: 2015
    (400)

Max Imp-Cap Type: Attack-type

Leader Skill: Dragon's Cry
    40% boost to Atk, max HP, hugely boosts BB gauge when attacking normally, Spark damage slightly boosts BB gauge &considerably boosts BB gauge each turn

Extra Skill: Draconic Blood Tie
    Adds BC efficacy boost to BB/SBB for 3 turns & boosts Atk, Def, Rec when BB gauge is over 50%

Brave Burst: Azure Dragon Slash
    18 combo Water attack on all foes, considerably boosts own Atk, Def, Rec & considerably boosts BB Atk for 3 turns

Super Brave Burst: Imperial Dragon Execution
    26 combo powerful Water attack on all foes (consecutive uses boost damage, slightly boosts OD gauge, considerably boosts BB Atk & boosts Atk relative to HP for 3 turns

Ultimate Brave Burst: Ruling Frost: Null Heavens
    28 combo massive Water attack on all foes (damage relative to remaining HP), enormously boosts BB Atk & Atk, Def for 3 turns & enormously boosts BB gauge for 2 turns

How to Evolve:
    Water Mecha God +
    Miracle Totem + Water Totem + Water Pot + Grand Sapphire

My Review for Karl:
    We all knew that he's part demon, however, it's not just any other demon, but a draconic demon. How awesome is that?

Aside from the 40% increase in HP and ATK, his LS makes him an excellent BB manager, unfortunately, the 7 BC increase in his LS only works when attacking normally. It is however further improved by his ES, which adds a 30% increase in BC efficacy to BB and SBB (which I believe, is a fancy term for BB fill rate). Additionally, this synergises with the other half of his ES, which boosts his own ATK, DEF, and REC when his BB gauge is over 50%.

His active skills are amazing as well, with his BB boosting his parameters ('cept for HP of course) by 140%, and an additional 200% boost to BB ATK. His SBB took away the self-buffs and replaced it with a 5% boost in OD gauge and 15% HP to ATK buff. It's also pretty good when BB spamming as the damage increases with consecutive use. Self buffs are always useful since they don't stack, however, his SBB requires consecutive use to be stronger, so, that might be a problem.

UBB is a mixed bag focusing mainly on offense, 500% boost to BB ATK, ATK and DEF, damage relative on HP remaining (15% boost per 1% HP). It also boosts the BB gauge enormously for 2 turns.

If I were to pair him with other units, I would say other BB managers that doesn't cover what he has would work (BB fill when attacked, BB fill after each turn), or any nuker, really. He's an okay replacement for Avant for bosses that resist critical hits. Avant still beats him when it comes to damage though, but he trumps over Avant in terms of BB management. Interestingly, he works well with Seria, and the rest of the mock units. very much like the real Karl, I suppose.

Before I forget, his drop checks while doing normal attacks is a whopping 64, quadrupling his normal hit count. Great, ya?

Fun Fact: His lore states that his form isn't even his final form, according to one of his father's closest disciple. Could this be a hint to a future evolution? Might be, since BFJP's Dream Evolutions are basically 8* units.

My Rating for Karl:
    Unit Art: 8/10
    Stats: 8.75/10

Leader Skill: 9/10
    Extra Skill: 8.5/10

BB/SBB: 8/10
    UBB: 8.5/10

Quest Effectiveness: 8/10
    Arena Effectiveness: 9/10
    Raid Effectiveness: 8/10

Frontier Hunter / Gate Effectiveness: 9/10
    Trials & GGC Effectiveness: 9/10
    Global-exclusive Effectiveness: 8.5/10

Grand Quest Effectiveness: 9/10

Overall Rating: 8.6/10
    Karl (both the mock unit and the character) has improved tremendously, he was quite outclassed when first released, but has now proven to be a great asset to the team. I guess being the son of a dragon sans demon has its perks!

The Scarlet Warrioress: Solar Fervor Seria
    Unit# 1218
    Element: Fire
    Rarity: 7
    ​Cost: 40

HP: 6546
    (1100)
    ATK: 2554 (440)
    DEF: 2212
    (440)
    REC: 2200 (440)

Max Imp-Cap Type: Balanced

Leader Skill: Solar Wave
    40% boost to Atk, Def, hugely boosts HC efficacy, probable HP recovery when attacked & hugely reduces BB gauge required for BB
    Note! Solar Wave reduces BB gauge consumed during BB, not BB gauge required.

Extra Skill: Reality Piercing Eyes
    Adds probable boost to Spark vulnerability to BB/SBB for 2 turns & boosts own Atk, Def, Rec when HP is over 50%

Brave Burst: Rhodonite Blaze
    19 combo Fire attack on all foes, additional attack at turn's end for 3 turns, considerably boosts own Atk, Def, Rec for 3 turns & considerably boosts Spark damage for 3 turns

Super Brave Burst: Libertine Grace
    23 combo powerful Fire attack on all foes, additional attack at turn's end for 3 turns, boosts own HC drop rate, probable slight BB gauge boost during Spark & hugely boosts Spark damage

Ultimate Brave Burst: Divinity: Seraphim
    27 combo massive Fire attack on all foes, additional massive attack at turn's end for 3 turns, enormously reduces Atk for 2 turns, boosts own HC drop rate & enormously boosts Atk, Def, Rec for 3 turns

How to Evolve: Fire Mecha God +
    Miracle Totem + Fire Totem + Fire Pot + Grand Ruby

My Review for Seria:
    Seria has finally achieved a most fiery form after moving on the past!

This fiery swordswoman is a jane-of-all-trades, covering a cacophony of buffs such related to recovery, spark, and bb maintenance. Her LS boasts pseudo-recovery, which is somewhat related to survivability. HC efficacy is boosted by a whopping 80%, which is great, except in drop-resistant bosses. Additionally, she has a 30% chance of recovering 25% of damage taken, good, if it procs. Lastly, she reduces BB gauge consumed during BB by 25-30%, which is good against drop-resistant bosses.

ES adds a 25% chance to inflict 25% spark vulnerability, again, good when it procs. The other half however, somehow synergises with LS, however, it sees more potential in Arena, especially on turn 1.

BB and SBB both boasts a DoT for 3 turns and an increase in spark damage. Her BB, similar to Karl, increases her parameters ('cept for HP) by 140%. Her SBB drops the self-buffs and replaces it with a 25% self- boost to HC drop rate, and a probable slight BB gauge boost during spark. It has a high proc rate, even higher than Chrome if I'm not mistaken.

UBB boasts a 1000% multiplier DoT for 3 turns, it also reduces enemy ATK by 80% for 2 turns, highly useful against hard hitting bosses. It also boasts a 200% boost to ATK, DEF, and REC, and of course a 25% increase in drop rate. Not entirely new, but, hey, variety!

Seria would work well with Karl or any other BB manager, additionally, she also needs some HP-boosting partners for more survivability. As a lead, she's received the short end of the stick, but at least her ES and SBB makes her an amazing sub for Chrome, their only difference is Seria applies DoT, while Chrome further boosts Dark elemental damage.

Fun Fact: Her UBB contains the word Seraphim, a word which means 'the fiery, burning ones'. This is also the name of one of the ranks in Arena (where we frequently see Seria) which can be reached upon getting 267,000 points. Beautiful word, right? Libertine is also a beautiful word, but we won't be discussing its meaning here..

My Rating for Seria:
    Unit Art: 9/10
    Leader Skill: 8.5/10
    Extra Skill: 9/10
    BB/SBB: 8/10
    UBB: 9.5/10
    Arena Effectiveness: 8/10

Frontier Hunter / Gate Effectiveness: 9/10
    Trials & GGC Effectiveness: 7/10
    Global-exclusive Effectiveness: 8/10
    Grand Quest Effectiveness: 7/10

Overall Rating: 8.2/10
    Seria has undergone the a huge change personality-wise, however, as a lead (both the character and the mock unit), she only sees use in certain situations. However, she is still promising as a unit. She offers a wide range of buffs that can be useful if paired with the right units. Like what I said above, she's kind of like Chrome skill wise, and Chrome is a pretty good unit, right?

Last edited by sephanx; 03-22-2016, 11:06 PM.

Unit Review: Advanced Entities I: Gildorf, Klaus, Isterio

An ever loyal weapon of destruction, against two otherworldly gods turned mock gods. How effective are these beings in battle? Let's find out!

The Weapon of Mass Destruction: Scorching Steel Gildorf
    Unit# 1238
    ​Cost: 42

HP: 6783
    (1000)
    ATK: 2765 (600)
    DEF: 2434
    (300)
    REC: 2036 (400)

Leader Skill: Divine Steel's Destruction
    40% boost to Atk, max HP, probable Spark damage resistance reduction for 2 turns & 75% boost to Spark damage

Extra Skill: God-Slaying Weapon
    Spark damage enormously boosts BB gauge & 50% boost to Spark damage

Brave Burst: Rigid Raising
    13 combo Fire attack on all foes & greatly boosts BC, HC drop rate and hugely boosts Spark damage for 3 turns

Super Brave Burst: Gildorf's Infernal Reactor
    Powerful Fire attack on all foes, powerful Fire attack on single foe, hugely boosts own Spark damage for 3 turns and fills own BB gauge to the max

Ultimate Brave Burst: Immortal Ammunition
    22 combo Massive Fire attack on all foes & enormously boosts Atk and Spark damage for 3 turns

How to Evolve:
    Scalding Iron Gildorf @ Lv. 100 + Fire Mecha God +
    Miracle Totem + Fire Totem + Dragon Mimic + Metal Mimic

My Review for Gildorf:
    Don't let that rather metallic exterior fool you, this unit is apparently the best single target nuker around! His LS mainly focuses on offense, spark damage, to be precise. ES boasts a huge spark BB regen, too bad he has an infinite SBB, thus rendering the spark BB regen useless. I'll take the spark damage though.

His BB greatly provides a 30% BC and HC drop rate, and a 90% spark damage buff, somewhat useful, but will often be overlooked for his iSBB, which is both an AOE and ST attack, depending of course on who you target. He gets, however, a selfish 150% spark damage buff, great for Gildorf, not so great for the other squad members who want to attack as well, but with those numbers, you probably won't need others to attack.

His UBB is pretty generic, it is stronger than most UBBs though, having a 2000% damage modifier. He also gives everyone a 250% ATK increase and 150% spark damage increase, still pretty awesome if you ask me.

He offers little to no squad support, and would most definitely see some use in content with single target bosses.

Fun Fact: Gildorf's weapon of choice are called tonfas, melee weapons that are said to have originated in China, although some say that it's possible to have originated from Thailand and/or Indonesia. Also, its loyalty to Lafiel can be compared to Vars' loyalty to Lira, and SGX' loyalty to Michele. Who run the machines? Apparently, girls.

My Rating for Gildorf:
    Unit Art: 7/10
    Stats: 9/
    Extra Skill: 7/10
    BB/SBB: 9/10
    UBB: 10/10
    Arena Effectiveness: 8.5/10
    Raid Effectiveness: 10/10
    Frontier Hunter / Gate Effectiveness: 7/10
    Trials & GGC Effectiveness: 9
    /10
    Global-exclusive Effectiveness: 8/10

Overall Rating: 8.5/10
    He is one of the best (if not the best) single target nuker, at the cost of having little to no squad support, other than his LS. Ravenna is often compared to Gildorf, but in terms of availability in the RS gate alone, Gildorf wins over the lady. Still indispensable, however, make sure that upon placing him in your team, the rest of the units will be able to buff your party.

Winged Faction Leader: Wyvern Wings Klaus
    Unit# 1241

HP: 6572
    (1100)
    ATK: 2526 (440)
    DEF: 2526 (440)
    REC: 2394
    (440)

Leader Skill: Blue Winged God's Purge
    40% boost to max HP, greatly reduces BB gauge required for BB & greatly boosts BC efficacy

Extra Skill: Mock God's Lament
    Adds Def boost relative to Atk for 3 turns to BB/SBB

Brave Burst: Zwei Force
    15 combo Water attack on all foes, probable huge 1 turn Atk, Def reduction & high probability of inflicting Sick

Super Brave Burst: Alto Inundation
    18 combo powerful Water attack on all foes, adds probable 1 turn Atk, Def reduction effects to attack and damage taken greatly boosts BB gauge for 3 turns & hugely boosts BB gauge each turn for 3 turns

Ultimate Brave Burst: Indigo Excess: Alluvion
    24 combo massive Water attack on all foes, enormous 1 turn Atk, Def reduction for 3 turns, damage taken enormously boosts BB gauge for 3 turns & enormous damage reduction for 1 turn

How to Evolve:
    Dragon Shell Klaus @ Lv. 100 + Water Mecha God +
    Miracle Totem+ Fire Totem + Dragon Mimic+Metal Mimic

My Review for Klaus:
    He's probably a great faction leader back at his prime; His LS boosts HP by 40%, survivability is always great, he reduces BB gauge required by 25% and boosts fill rate by 50%, with those numbers, unlimited SBB is guaranteed almost every turn, even in content where BB gauges are hard to fill.

ES is...okay. A DEF boost relative to ATK (35%), would do wonders when paired with ATK boosting units, provides even more bulk to the squad.

BB is, well, good in the future, as Sick also boosts elemental weakness damage now in BFJP (correct me if I'm wrong). But for now, it's pretty bad if you ask me, oh well, at least it has a 30% chance of reducing ATK and DEF by 50%, right? SBB on the other hand, adds an ATK and DEF down buff on units attacks (10% chance to inflict 20% decrease), which can be pretty handy in some situations. He also boosts BB gauge when attacked (3-7 BCs) and after each turn (7 BCs), further reinforcing his role as a BB manager.

Finally his UBB reduces enemies ATK and DEF by 80% for 3 turns, as well as the huge BB gauge fill when attacked buff (50 BCs). Lastly, he offers a hundred percent damage reduction for 1 turn, well, at least the enemies still has two turns of ATK down, which remotely acts as mitigation, if you think of it. Pretty good kit.

As for potential friend leads and fillers, anyone who boosts ATK would definitely be helpful, due to his ES. He is already a great BB manager, all he needs are people to work with. As a sub though, if he's your only choice, with all means, use him, but there are far more better options than him. Great lead, meh filler.

Fun Fact: The word zwei in his BB "Zwei Force" means two. This references Klaus and Isterio's formed alliance as otherworldly gods turned mock gods.

My Rating for Klaus:
    Stats: 8.5
    /10
    Leader Skill: 10/10 8.75
    Extra Skill: 7.5/10
    BB/SBB: 8/10 8.25
    Quest Effectiveness: 8.5/10
    Frontier Hunter / Gate Effectiveness: 8.5/10

Trials & GGC Effectiveness: 9/10
    Grand Quest Effectiveness: 8.5/10

Overall Rating: 7.8/10
    His LS is great, however, his ES and active skills are all over the place. He definitely does the role of a BB manager quite well though, that's his redeeming point, well, that and his UBB.

Mechanical Virtuoso, Venomous Echo Isterio
    Unit# 1244
    Element: Earth

HP: 6567
    (1100)
    ATK: 2701 (440)
    DEF: 2398 (440)
    REC: 2355 (440)

Leader Skill: Vile Serpent's Delusion
    30% boost to Atk, max HP of all Units, probable infliction of random status ailment & hugely boosts damage against status inflicted foes

Extra Skill: Mock God's Scorn
    Probable resistance against 2 KO attacks max

Brave Burst: Mad Serpent's Passepied
    15 combo Earth attack on all foes, probable random infliction of all status ailment & boosts max HP

Super Brave Burst: Performance List: Spiccato
    18 combo powerful Earth attack on all foes, adds probable random infliction of all status ailments effect to attack & boosts BB Atk and Atk relative to max HP for 3 turns

Ultimate Brave Burst: Nídhogg
    21 combo Massive Earth attack on all foes, adds probable random infliction of all status ailments effect to attack for 3 turns & enormously boosts BB Atk & enormously boosts Water, Earth elemental damage for 3 turns

How to Evolve:
    Cobra Tune Isterio @ Lv. 100 + Earth Mecha God +
    Miracle Totem + Earth Totem + Dragon Mimic + Metal Mimic

My Review for Isterio:
    My favorite out of this batch, he has that philosophical, yet kind of insane personality that makes a great villain. His active skills synergises really, really well with his LS.

LS is the standard 30% boost to ATK & HP, as well as the ability to inflict a random status ailment. On top of that, ATK are further increased by 100% against status inflicted enemies, which means, you get an additional 130% ATK boost against an enemy with x-status. Great if status ailment procs.

ES is promising in all sorts of content, especially CA...if it procs. Pray to RNGesus that the 40% chance of resisting KO works.

BB has a 50% chance of inflicting a status ailment, it's a pretty good percentage imo, aside from that, he also boosts max HP by 15%, hooray for more survivability. SBB grants status ailment buffs on allies attacks, thus increasing the chances of inflicting status ailments. Aside from that, we get a 200% boost to BB ATK, and 15% HP to ATK buff. Now if you aren't into ATBing, Activating Hissssterio's BB then SBB will tremendously do wonders.

Lastly, his UBB adds a 3 turn, 100% chance of inflicting a status ailment on all enemies, a 500% BB ATK increase, and 400% increase in damage for both water and earth types, provided that water and/or earth are their base element. Pretty amazing kit, has great potential when doing the Beiorg Raid missions.

As for potential friend leads and fillers, Isterio already filled the role of status inflictor, thus, almost any unit will do, even fellow status inflictors. A squad of status inflicting units lead by this violinist in CA will render almost all enemy squads useless.

Fun Fact: His UBB, Nidhogg is the anglicized version of the word "Níðhöggr", a dragon from Norse mythology that gnaws at the roots of the world tree Yggdrasil. It is also the name of an indie fencing videogame.

My Rating for Isterio:
    Leader Skill: 9/10 8.25
    BB/SBB: 9/10 8.75
    Quest Effectiveness: 8.5/10
    Frontier Hunter/ Gate Effectiveness: 8.5/10
    Trials & GGC Effectiveness: 8/10
    Grand Quest Effectiveness: 8/10

Overall Rating: 8.6/10
    Isterio is a status inflictor, and he does that role REALLY well. That, and his design's pretty awesome. A violinist riding a cobra. You could almost imagine him singing, "The hills are alive, with the sound of death and destructionnn..."

Last edited by sephanx; 03-22-2016, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Unit Review: Eneroth Batch 1: Korzan, Haile, and Avani

In the land of Eneroth, there is a neverending war between the warriors of Morokai and the mages of Deva. Among these two kingdoms, six new units coming from different backgrounds are introduced. Which of these units are the most effective? Let's find out.
      Destroyer of Baldemar: Infernal Ravager Korzan
      Unit# 8154
      ​Cost:42

HP: 6973
      (1000)
      ATK: 3101 (600)
      DEF: 2357
      (300)
      REC: 1901 (400)

Leader Skill: Infernal Furor
      40% boost to max HP, Atk, greatly boosts critical damage,boosts BB gauge when attacked & boosts Atk when BB gauge is full
      Extra Skill: Primal Bloodlust (Requires Vulcan Axe)
      Negates critical, elemental damage & boosts BB Atk when Vulcan Axe is equipped
      Sphere: Vulcan Axe

30% boost to Atk, max HP, boosts critical hit rate & boosts Atk when BB gauge is full

Brave Burst: Velkar Fissure
      16 combo powerful Fire attack on all foes (damage increases as HP decreases), adds Def ignoring effect to attack for 2 turns, boosts Atk and critical hit rate for 3 turns & partially restores own BB gauge
      Super Brave Burst: Shakti Dabana
      19 combo powerful Fire attack on all foes (damage increases as HP decreases), boosts critical damage and Atk relative to HP for 3 turns & boosts max HP
      Ultimate Brave Burst: Agni Iagana
      2 combo massive Fire attack on all foes (damage increases as HP decreases), greatly boosts critical damage and Atk relative to HP for 3 turns & massively boosts own max HP

How to Evolve:
      Blood Destroyer Korzan @ Lv. 100 + Fire Mecha God +
      Miracle Totem + Miracle Totem + Metal Mimic + Fire Bulb

My Review for Korzan:
      Leaning towards offensiveness, Korzan is Global's answer to Avant, well, kind of. He suffers from a rather horrible attack animation (which a lot of GLEX units suffer from) but makes up for it in terms of utility.

Designwise, his name suits him well. His attack animation however, has Destroyed almost all possibilities of him being a top tier lead in FG/FH.

On top of the additional 40% boost on HP and ATK, the latter part of his LS is synergistic, being able to fill 3-6 BCs when hit, which in turn boosts BB Gauge, which ultimately boosts ATK, provided that the BB gauge is full. Oh, and he boosts critical damage by 100%, which is a nice bonus.

Extra Skill negates elemental and critical damage, providing a bit more survivability, and upon equipping Vulcan Axe, his BB ATK is boosted by 200%.

Brave Burst takes advantage of Korzan is very similar to Avant's BB, only it has an additional DEF-ignore effect, and also fills own BB gauge by 40%, good for him since his BB/SBB has to be activated alternately in order to fully utilize him.

His SBB boosts critical damage by 75%, ATK relative to HP by 20%, and boosts max HP by 10%, thus further increasing survivability, and ATK relation buff.

Furthermore, his UBB is a huge upgrade from his SBB, boosting critical damage by 300%, ATK relative to HP by 50%, and HP by 100%. Basically his SBB but much better in terms of percentages.

Finally, a recurring 'buff' that is seen in his active skills is the infamous 'damage increases as HP decreases', being 2.5% dmg increase per 1% HP lost on BB, 4% dmg
      increase per 1% HP lost on SBB, and 28% dmg increase per 1% HP lost on UBB, which makes up for his rather horrible attack animation.

As for unit compatibility, Korzan has already covered pretty much all of the ATK-related buffs, so you could pair him with a unit with a different role. In terms of units with horrible animations, he pairs well with Gazia. He also does a great job when paired with his Eneroth brethren.

Fun Fact: Korzan's weapon of choice, an axe, is one of the oldest tools ever created. The first axes did not have a handle until 6000 BCE.

My Rating for Korzan:
      Stats: 9/10
      Leader Skill: 10/10
      Extra Skill: 8/10
      BB/SBB: 9/10
      UBB: 9.5/10
      Raid Effectiveness: 10/10
      Frontier Hunter/ Gate Effectiveness: 7/10
      Trials/GGC Effectiveness: 8.25/10
      Global-exclusive Effectiveness: 9/10

Overall Rating: 8.7/10

Korzan is offensive and tanky, two things that normally wouldn't go together, but because of his recurring 'Hadaron' mechanic, he is easily able to turn damage taken into a trump card. He destroys most content, especially raids (very consistent, lorewise), however, he doesn't fare well in FH/FG. I've enjoyed using Korzan co-leads, and he's definitely fitting of the title, Destroyer.

Ardent Ice Queen: Boreal Tempest Haile
      Unit# 8157

HP: 6774
      (1100)
      ATK: 2650 (440)
      DEF: 2381 (440)
      REC: 2336
      (440)

Leader Skill: Boreal Ascendancy
      30% boost to all parameters & greatly boosts BB gauge fill rate, greatly boosts BC, HC drop rate & greatly boosts BB Atk
      Extra Skill: Ardent Ice Queen
      20% boost to all parameters & boosts BB gauge when attacking when Glacies Staff is equipped.
      Sphere: Glacies Staff
      20% boost to all parameters, reduces gauge cost required for BB & boosts BB Atk

Brave Burst: Diamant Glace
      18 combo powerful Water attack on all foes, gradually restores BB gauge for 3 turns, largely boosts Atk, Def, Rec for 3 turns & boosts BB gauge fill rate for 3 turns
      Super Brave Burst: Azure Bastille
      20 combo powerful Water attack on all foes, boosts BB gauge for 3 turns, boosts BB Atk for 3 turns & probable Atk, Def reduction for 1 turn
      Ultimate Brave Burst: Hivernal Solstice
      22 combo massive Water attack on all foes, hugely boosts BB gauge for 3 turns, massively boosts Atk, Def, Rec for 3 turns & greatly boosts BB Atk for 2 turns

How to Evolve:
      Gelid Arcane Haile @ Lv. 100 + Water Mecha God +
      Miracle Totem + Miracle Totem + Metal Mimic
      + Water Bulb

My Review for Haile:
      Haile was given the cold shoulder (pun intended) when released along with Korzan, nevertheless, she has proven to be quite the versatile unit, being able to provide a lot of buffs for the team, while at the same time, assuming the role of BB manager.

Her design is really good, not to mention her animation, which has little-to-no delays at all. She might as well sing Let It Go while dropping a large glacier on her enemies.

Her LS gives the party a buffer jewel boost, along with a 50% boost to BB gauge fill rate, 25% boost to BC and HC drop rate, and a 150% boost to BB ATK. The versatility of her LS already crosses out two things that are significant in most GGCs/Trials: survivability, and BC generation.

Her ES is a medulla boost and boosts BB Gauge when attacking, and much like her Eneroth comrades, requires a sphere to be fully utilized.

Haile's Brave Burst boosts ATK, DEF, and REC by 130%, gradually boosts BB gauge by 6 BCs, and boosts BB gauge fill rate by 50%. It covers almost all stats, and further boosts the already amazing Ares (whoa alliteration) buff provided by her LS.

Her SBB instead focuses on lowering the enemies' stats, with a 50% chance of inflicting a 50% ATK and DEF reduction. Additionally, she boosts BB ATK by 200%, and instantly fills BB gauges by 8 BCs, perfect when facing BB draining bosses.

Finally, her UBB boosts all stats ('cept for HP) by 200%, boosts BB ATK by 500%, and boosts BB gauge by 50 BCs. Very useful in most content, especially GGCs/Trials.

All in all, her active skills are really versatile, which may lead to some buff clashing here and there, (such as Gazia's BB ATK buff), that isn't too much of a problem though, just make sure the buff overwriting is kept to a minimum, and she'll be an amazing addition to the team.

As for co-leads and filler suggestions, all she needs is a spark BC generator/ BC gen when hit, in the form of Charla, fellow GLEX Avani, or even Seria. She does wonders when paired with her Eneroth regenerades as well.

Fun Fact: Being the Ardent Ice Queen, it is only acceptable that most of her active skills / previous evolution name are related to the word Ice, such as Glace, Boreal, Hivernal and Gelid (from her previous evolution).

My Rating for Haile:
      Leader Skill: 10/10
      Extra Skill: 8/10
      BB/SBB: 8.5/10
      UBB: 8/10
      Frontier Hunter/ Gate Effectiveness: 9/10
      Trials/GGC Effectiveness: 9/10

Overall Rating: 8.7/10

Haile is a fantastic unit, able to support her squad with a variety of buffs. You cannot simply 'let her go', however if you really need an excuse to not use her, she may clash buffs with some units, which can be easily remedied by sem-ATBing or not ATBing at all. All in all, the Ardent Ice Queen may not have taken most of the spotlight, but she is definitely one, if not the most useful of them all.

Chieftain of Rih'alnase: Monster Hunter Avani
      Unit# 8160
      Element: Earth

HP: 6855 (1000)
      ATK: 2834 (700)
      DEF: 2268 (300)
      REC: 2268 (300)

Max Imp-Cap Type: Attack-type S

Leader Skill: Apex Hunter's Supremacy
      80% boost to Atk, 20% boost to critical hit rate, enormously boosts Spark damage, Spark damage boosts BB gauge &raises normal hit amount
      Extra Skill: Matriarch's Indignation
      Boosts damage dealt against status afflicted foes & raises normal hit amount when Vorpal Chainblades is equipped
      Sphere: Vorpal Chainblades
      50% boost to Atk, 50% boost to Spark damage & probable infliction of random status ailment

Brave Burst: Briar Tempest
      28 combo powerful Earth attack on all foes, Spark damage boosts BB gauge, probable infliction of random status ailment & boosts damage against status afflicted foes
      Super Brave Burst: Taeun Easifa
      34 combo powerful Earth attack on all foes, probable enemy Spark vulnerability boost for 2 turns & boosts Spark damage and raises normal hit amount for 3 turns
      Ultimate Brave Burst: Khabayth Al'iiesar
      40 combo massive Earth attack on all foes, boosts Spark damage and enemies' Spark vulnerability for 3 turns & raises normal hit amount for 3 turns

How to Evolve:
      Beast Master Avani @ Lv. 100 + Earth Mecha God +
      Miracle Totem + Miracle Totem + Metal Mimic
      + Earth Bulb

My Review for Avani:

Chieftain of Rih'alnase, Children of the Wind. I guess there's some clouded connection somewhere between the wind and sparking, because she assumes the role of a sparker quite well. She's also a status inflictor, but only to a small extent.

Designwise, she is Rih'al-NICE. Her attack animation is decent as well, you will definitely want her to attack first in order to spark with other units.

LS boosts ATK by 80, critical hit rate by 20%, Spark Damage by 100%, BB Gauge by 2-3 BCs when sparking, and doubles hit count. She's a monster in Arena, in CA, however, because of her ES that only activates with her sphere, Rahgan wins over her, but only marginally. She's still an amazing unit in CA.

ES, boosts damage dealt towards statused enemies by 100% and doubles hit count, however, as mentioned before, she needs her sphere to in order for her ES to be activated.

It's worth noting that her sphere is highly useful: it boosts ATK and Spark Damage by 50%, and allows for probable infliction of status ailment. It is also an attack-boosting type of sphere, thus being able to stack with status boosting spheres such as Occults, Sky Harbringer, Ishrion, etc.

Let's get to her active skills. First and foremost, her BB allows for Spark BC regen, filling everyone's gauges by 1-2 BCs when dealing spark. She also has a 50% chance of inflicting a random status ailment, which synergises with the latter part of her BB, which boosts ATK by 140% when dealing damage to statused enemies.

Her SBB could be better, but still very much usable. Aside from the AOE attack, she boosts spark damage by 100%, similar to Charla's, a 30% chance to inflict a 30% spark debuff, and raises normal hit count by 1 for 3 turns. Really good numbers, she could've went with an ATK buff instead of the spark buffs, but that doesn't hinder her from doing a great amount of damage. Also, the hit count buff really helps especially when dealing with thresholds or single bosses, commonly seen in GGCs/Trials.

​Avani's UBB boosts Spark Damage by 130%, boosts enemies' Spark vulnerability by 100%, and triples hit count. With proper sparking, she can dish out massive amounts of damage. The triple hit count, is a great bonus for the similar reason stated above, however, she could've opted for a different buff instead, such an ATK-related buff or status infliction.

As for compatibility, she works well with her Eneroth comrades. She has assumed the role of a sparker, so almost any other unit with a different role works with her. In CA, she works well with fellow status inflictors / units with high hit count, keep that in mind.

Fun Fact: Her weapon, Vorpal Chainblades is somewhat taken from Lewis Carroll's nonsense poem, Jabberwocky, which is seen in his novel, 'Through The Looking Glass' in 1871.

My Rating for Avani:
      Stats: 9.25/10
      BB/SBB: 8.75/10
      Arena Effectiveness: 10/10
      Frontier Hunter/Gate Effectiveness: 8.5/10
      Trials/GGC Effectiveness: 9/10
      Grand Quest Effectiveness: 8/10

Overall Rating: 8.8/10

This chieftain definitely shines in arena, and that is rare for units who specialize in sparking. Like Korzan, she makes two things that usually don't got together work, her hitcount buff and her spark related buffs, which would function well against single target bosses. For her to be fully utilized, juggling of her BB and SBB are very much recommended (somewhere in those lines is a double entendre). All in all, she's a very Rih'alNICE unit to have.

Last edited by sephanx; 03-22-2016, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Reserved as well !
        Last edited by sephanx; 03-14-2016, 01:13 AM.

Comment

In other news:

GLEX Summon: Soul Bound Saga and Heroes of Eneroth!
          Two worlds collide and make their way into the Summon Gate! For those who may have missed the Athensphere/Eneroth units, now is your chance to get them! They'll be around from March 25 - March 27.

March 24, 2015: One Year Anniversary of 7 Stars!
          Time sure does fly by! This day, last year, marked the era of the much awaited 7* units! The Six Heroes' 7* Forms were released, along with the very first 7* batch, The Six Pillars! Which of the current 7* units were your most favorite?

An Early Easter Surprise: Bonnie and Carrol's Future Evolution!
          Bonnie and Carrol's future evolutions are confirmed! Designwise, they are eggcelent. Only time will tell if their skills are eggstraordinary as well. (cue the eggpuns)

Designs below!

Brave News Channel Episode 7
          The guys at Gumi had posted another video regarding upcoming content, such as the new LEGLEX Spring Units, new GGC and the much awaited Omni Evolution. Watch the video here.

Additionally, if they missed some of your questions, feel free to post them here.

Where's Kite?
          Our resident reviewer, Kite, will not be around often for the week, due to the Lenten Season. He'll be back by Easter Sunday though, just in time for his birthday too! Make sure to send him greeting cards.

Raid Class 6: Scary Story Mission!
          There's another raid mission available for completion, this time, you will have to face the wrath of the restless Amu Yunos. Check the link here for more info.

Amu Yunos, the strongest (and most bored) of all Demon Lords

What's up for this week?
          New RC6 mission, maintenances, and of course, SHS and SFRU! Check out the details by clicking the link here.

Summon Event: Super Rare Summon Themed Units!
          Here's your chance to get any units that you've missed, for only 3 gems/summon! Check the link here for the info regarding the featured units.

Raid Class 6: Demon Dragon Challenge!
          Another raid mission is available for you guys to complete! This time, you get to fight Karl's father, Barion. Check the link here for more details.

Barion, looking all dragon-demon like and scary

Frontier Hunter Ex Season 24!
          Get your Avant, Charla and/or Rize ready as FH arrives! What are you guys aiming for?

St. Patrick's Day Login Campaign
          Login everyday for seven days to get the Shamrock Circlet, a sphere exclusive to this event!

New GLEX Units! Eneroth Batch: Nyami and Allanon
          The last two units of the Eneroth batch have been released in the form of Nyami and Allanon! Any of you summoned them? Was it worth it?
          Last edited by sephanx; 03-26-2016, 03:48 AM.

Comment

ARCHIVES

All previous issues will be posted below for easy access! Read away!

Jan. 1-16 Issue - http://forums.gumi.sg/forum/main-for...-01-16-edition
            Jan. 17-31 Issue - http://forums.gumi.sg/forum/main-for...7-1-31-edition
            Feb. 1-15 Issue - http://forums.gumi.sg/forum/main-for...1-2-15-edition
            Feb. 16-29 Issue - http://forums.gumi.sg/forum/main-for...6-2-29-edition
            Mar. 1-13 Issue - http://forums.gumi.sg/forum/main-for...1-3-13-edition

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS / OTHER STUFF / DISCLAIMER
            If you're reading this, well, all of this is for you. <3

Any feedback would be very much appreciated. If I missed any info regarding the units, if the info I had written were wrong, heck, if you don't like the font I used, do tell me and I'll do something about it. Do it nicely though. Or else I will give you bad RS luck.

Let this remain as a thread of goodwill and all that fun stuff, this isn't a hate thread as far as I can recall. Refrain from saying things that may deprecate others.

I would personally like to thank Kite for giving me a lot of things to write about (just joking). Thank you guys as well, and I hope you enjoyed reading this issue of KBB.

In the words of Kite, Until then, happy reading and have fun!

-seph
            Last edited by sephanx; 03-14-2016, 01:12 AM.

Comment

I'm still editing in some stuff, but you guys can post now!

Comment

Hello, Seph! Still being old school in the introduction eh...

And since Mock Units are only Lord-types, you don't have to include the (Lord-type only)

Take care of everything while I'm healing up, I'll still be playing!

To everyone: Be good to sephanx !

Comment

• Kite
                  Kite commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Seriously, message me on Facebook if you ever have the time. I can't even get a hold of you on Skype.

• crimsongunner
                  crimsongunner commented
                  Editing a comment
                  well i will try to behave but there are others...

• Kite
                  Kite commented
                  Editing a comment
                  //pokes VM06 Alrick , take good care of Seph, will you?

Alright, everything should be done by now! Read away!

Comment

Wow! 2 thumbs up + sticky for you!

Will read this in a few...
                  Brave Frontier - Facebook || Twitter || Instagram || Ticket Follow up

Comment

Alright, it's stickied, thanks!

Comment

Great review! I have a newfound appreciation for my Isterio and Gildorf. As for Klaus, maybe I'll work on him when I have nothing else to do. ^_^

Comment

Hello, guys! I'll give a little bit of insights on how you can utilize Klaus. Especially for the upcoming (if not real soon) Water FG.

BB gauge fill rate/efficiency is a literal must have for a leader skill, otherwise completely stoked out, the buffs that can provide via SBB is also a life saver.

Also, Klaus literally threw away Medina and Bestie right off the bat, due to his HP% boost that is even greater than Bestie.

Ofcourse the only reason why Klaus was stomped out by many more greater units when it comes to multiple roles, like Lafiel, Laberd, Paris, etc...

His arsenal isn't this great but try not to underestimate him when you put him to good use in Frontier Gate.

Also, just to remind you, the Discussion Board for FH24 will be posted by sephanx during/after the Maintenance Period later on. I'll give you the clues on who you will all be fighting in Terminus:

Round 1 - Mineralogists (2 enemies)
                        Round 2 - "What's This Button Do?" / Technophobia (4 enemies, OD possible)
                        Round 3 - The Dragon Scroll (1 enemy)
                        Round 4 - Amnesiacs (2 enemies)
                        Round 5 - Toltya School of Armor Crushing Fists (3 enemies, watch out for Defense Ignore)
                        Bosses - The Lesser Madam and the Savage Ruler (2 of them ofcourse)

As a little news flash on my current condition: I'm still slowly recovering, but this heat wave won't let me live to see another day.

Thanks to those who gave me their well wishes to me. I'll still be playing, don't worry!

And please don't give me scary Barion pictures as I see in horror of looking at his scary face and grin that looks like Dracula... I died!

~ Kite

Comment

• sephanx
                          sephanx commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Klaus is actually pretty amazing in BFJP, I read somewhere that the Sick status ailment was revamped... I believe if a unit is inflicted with sickness, its defense decreases against stronger elements, it also takes more damage, I think.

Also, should I do Allanon and Nyami's reviews or neh?

• Shironui
                          Shironui commented
                          Editing a comment
                          sephanx, Since we have some lolicon in the forum, probably you should do it.

• Kite
                          Kite commented
                          Editing a comment
                          There are still some issues regarding Allanon and Nyami's skills. Might are well place it on hold for now.

Maintenance has started! It'll last for around 6 hours...

Comment

FH24 has started as well, happy end-farming!

Comment

• Kite
                            Kite commented
                            Editing a comment
                            More like.. Happy CERU! -.-
                        Working...
                        X
                        CLICK HERE!