Announcement

No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bored Trial challenges 2-4, X-1

Trial 1: Nobody cares if I can solo it with Rowgen so I'll skip that one .......... Trial 2: soloed with Rowgen............ Trial 3: only used one squad with four units to clear all three stages and didn't count turns....... Trial 4: only used one squad with four units to beat both stages....... Trial X-1: less impressive but only used one squad with four units for all three stages
    Trial 3 challenge Trial X-1 challenge
    Last edited by LanCorona; 03-16-2015, 01:56 PM.

Bravo. Boredom is killing.

Comment

• LanCorona
      LanCorona commented
      Editing a comment
      "Boredom is killing"?

that actually intrigued me enough that I wanted to see the screenshot. I mean, maxwell without counting turns, that got to be Tridon, but no, well... that's interesting

Comment

• LanCorona
      LanCorona commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah. Most people wouldn't believe me unless I had a screenshot. I made sure to take pictures of everything for that reason.

• Meric
      Meric commented
      Editing a comment
      You can forget counting turns with Maxwell if you can sustain your mitigator's BB every turn, which is not very hard to do nowadays. Didn't count turns too with a dual-sphered Darvanshel during pre-tridon days..

This thread for me though, is a testament of Rin's dominance in the Leader role.

• LanCorona
      LanCorona commented
      Editing a comment
      Rin is an AMAZING lead. When she first came out, so many people in the groups I'm a part of bashed her and accused her of being a crappy unit basically. However, for me when I first saw her stats/abilities, I knew I could make good use of her...and I have. One of my favorite units by far

Originally posted by LanCorona View Post
    Rin is an AMAZING lead. When she first came out, so many people in the groups I'm a part of bashed her and accused her of being a crappy unit basically. However, for me when I first saw her stats/abilities, I knew I could make good use of her...and I have. One of my favorite units by far
    The reason why people bashed Rin was Gumi's fault. The description of her Leader Skill was originally wrong. It says HC drop instead of BC drop. People were wondering why drop more HC when she is already healing.

Anyway, Rin is good to a extent only. The nullify status leader cannot protect from ATK down, DEF down, HEL down statuses so it is bad for future content if you over rely on her to protect.

It is extremely visible when you fight Trial X2.

Comment

• LanCorona
      LanCorona commented
      Editing a comment
      Is there a unit that can prevent them? They're not ailments. Also, I squashed X-2 within 30 minutes of being out using my Rin lead

• LanCorona
      LanCorona commented
      Editing a comment
      As for the description being wrong, you are correct in that. Her LS and description were conflicting with one saying 25% boost to HC and the other saying 25% to BC. Honestly, either one of them would've been fine to me. Either would've made her a strong, viable option as a lead in almost all situations.

• Meric
      Meric commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess there's that part, but she was amazing in trial X2 nonetheless. Hopefully her spotlight doesn't fade too soon.

Is there a unit that can prevent them? They're not ailments. Also, I squashed X-2 within 30 minutes of being out using my Rin lead
    No. There are units that can remove them. 3 of them. Rigness, Arbonella and Elmedia.

Comment

• LanCorona
      LanCorona commented
      Editing a comment
      I had to look that one up. It's weird to me that only the newer cure/prevent ailment units have that capability. But I guess in a way it makes sense since the older healers never had to deal with that code. They rewrote old code for trials/bosses to have attack down but didn't rewrite the old cure ailment units? Not cool.

As for the description being wrong, you are correct in that. Her LS and description were conflicting with one saying 25% boost to HC and the other saying 25% to BC. Honestly, either one of them would've been fine to me. Either would've made her a strong, viable option as a lead in almost all situations.
    I would disagree. 25% BC drop means better BB sustainability for the squad. I would never trade 25% BC drop rate for 25% HC drop rate.

25% HC drop rate would not make her a good lead (it results in overheal for most battles and less BB sustainability and higher chance of squad being wiped due to mitigator not having BB ready). In fact, Luka will be much better fit than Rin with that trade off.

Luka has 30% HC drop rate and 60% HC increase efficiency and also null status. Luka is the better healer overall and with the additional 4-6 BC when attacked SBB, Luka will turn the tables on Rin.

Comment

• LanCorona
      LanCorona commented
      Editing a comment
      Fair enough. I was being a bit bias when I said that.

Luka is definitely a better healer but she also was written to more a solid healer/support unit and less of an attack unit. Both Luka and Rin have awesome LS and function well in their domain.

• Not4rent
      Not4rent commented
      Editing a comment
      The vocaloids are really very good. Len is good for Arena and FH.

Luka and Rin are good as sub unit or main unit. I hope when Miku gets her 6*, she will be awesome too.

• LanCorona
      LanCorona commented
      Editing a comment
      I only have Rin but I've used Luka as a friend lead a few times and I really enjoy her.

Miku's 6* should be pretty awesome. My main hope is that they adjust her normal hit count. 27 hits for bb is really good for a 5* but IMO was overshadowed by Deemo because she had more utility

Rigness, Arbonella and Elmedia ---> just wanted to say this but n4r beat me to it. Anyway, don't take it wrong LanCorona, n4r likes it very much to use Rin lead. He uses Rin lead most of the time, it's just he likes to argue, and couldn't resist to point out the flaw in Rin's LS. For me, I usually don't like status nullify leaders, because it seems as a waste of LS, i.e. I could have used it for better LS, but finally in Rin, a status nullify leader that I like to use (or I could just use other leader and use n4r's Rin)

I would disagree. 25% BC drop means better BB sustainability for the squad. I would never trade 25% BC drop rate for 25% HC drop rate ---> for this, I agree with n4r 100%. If it's HC then it's useless. I never got Len, and I often curse the fact that I only have Rin. Yes, I remember thinking what good is HC boost. What good it is to have your HP full, but Tridon and Darvanshel couldn't get their BB filled, it's just asking for the enemy to kill you the next turn. Then... I realize some of my friends started to use Rin lead, so I checked out Rin again on wiki, and holy sh!t, she has become useful.

You can forget counting turns with Maxwell if you can sustain your mitigator's BB every turn, which is not very hard to do nowadays. Didn't count turns too with a dual-sphered Darvanshel during pre-tridon days. ---> Meric, you're the man. I remembered even with Darvanshel, there are 3 instances when Maxwell could become really bothersome. 1) endless 2) turn 20 3) there are 2-3 more hits after Sacred Song + Rune, if RNG makes all these hits Genesis instead of regular attacks.

My last word, LanCorona, welcome... if you're looking for more challenges, there are threads here that ask you to beat the trials in certain way. N4r and Kite may supply you with the links.

Comment

• LanCorona
      LanCorona commented
      Editing a comment
      No worries. I didn't take it the wrong way. I was just unaware that there were units that could remove atk/def down. Thank you for the info

As for the challenges, I wouldn't mind checking them out. I know I preformed some of my own but as you can see I really just used the same type of units and sustained bb the entire time. I like challenges and I also like to learn new information.

Originally posted by MPM1 View Post
    n4r likes it very much to use Rin lead. He uses Rin lead most of the time, it's just he likes to argue, and couldn't resist to point out the flaw in Rin's LS.
    See my avatar. It's Rin for a reason. I am just stating some facts. Once we start having GQ and other new maps she will slowly and sadly be replaced...

Comment

• LanCorona
      LanCorona commented
      Editing a comment
      I took no offense to your facts. No worries. I don't play JPBF so I'm in the dark as far the GQ goes, as well as most future content.
      Last edited by LanCorona; 03-16-2015, 11:15 PM.

If you guys have time, I recently posted a Trial layout idea for an SBS Trial called S-2. I'd appreciate it if you guys checked it out and let me know what you think. Personally, I'd like to have a challenge like it but it would only be possible if the right people saw it and liked it enough. Anyways, here's the link:

http://forums.gumi.sg/forum/main-for...-btw?pp=142919

Comment

• Not4rent
      Not4rent commented
      Editing a comment
      I gave a comment. It is not against the idea, but the reward.

No offence meant.
Working...
X
CLICK HERE!