Announcement

No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenge Arena: The Good, and the Bad, and Bumbly

The Challenge Arena was implemented quite a while ago, and while it's still quite fresh, there are going to be plenty of issues as usual.
    Before I begin this "rant" some might say, I do want to say that I do enjoy fighting through and having to change out my units to create a real working squad. I'm also happy to see changes and new promotions that come out. Oh, and I'm Legendary Status and level 223 in case some might wonder.

Now, back on topic.
    Let's start with the Positives,
    1.) Seperate store in which to buy Sphere Frogs, Burst Frogs, etc. with either Silver or Gold coins.
    2.) Gives limited time offers to summon with the Rainbow coins you earn by progressing.

*Great for newer players who need decent or cheap units.
    3.) The scale of enemies do get harder in which to filter out newer players.
    4.) Scale of points as to not let players throw a full team 7 star units.

*Though some players do early on anyways, or have to progress through Legendary tier against obviously strong teams.
    5.) Weekly and Daily rewards can give gems, tickets, revives, etc.
    6.) There's a timer on matches just like regular Arena.

So, all in all it seems pretty well and good just like that right? But, of course, there is a bad side.
    Here's the Negatives,
    1.) When you move higher up, there is a higher chance that the opponent gets first strike.
    2.) The AI almost always aims for the leader first.

*Roughly about a 25% chance that they will ignore the other units and attack only the leader. They must know that the Rahgan lead is OP.
    3.) When the enemy has First Strike, it's about a 80% chance they will all have BB, and about a 30% chance that at least 1-3 units have SBB
    *And don't worry, at least 1-3 will use them, occasionally ALL of them). A frustrating way to get squad wiped for sure, which is worse when you throw in your stronger units (refer to 4 on positive) expecting them to do well and having no idea that a FS wipe is coming.
    *On a side note, it feels like if you heal a unit before you fight the next team, there's a reduced chance that the enemy will have FS. I have still have to keep testing this.
    4.) Once you lose the match the first time, you will only earn 1 - 20 points. Harshly devastating when you could've earned 100 - 300 in a match.
    5.) The Rainbow coin summons are very rare and quick it seems.
    6.) Repetitive leaders and units. Same leads and teams, and you'll easily understand when you pay attention.

*No lying, 5 Zedus leads in a row, 3 of them had the exact same sub-units as well. Easy to beat yes, but very cheap.
    7.) Repetitive challenges. Usually "No Brave Bursts," "ATK Parameter Halved," and "Empty BB Gauge" in the arena.
    *Even in Rookie rank, there's still a high amount of these. You'll get the occasional "Male Advan.," or "Female Advan.," and
    "___Element Advan.," but it still boils to down to those common 3. Of course the odds go up in Summoner and Legendary tiers, but there can't be anything different?
    8.) Enemy teams can have duplications but we can't.
    *Again, I wouldn't lie about this. A Herculean Ultor lead with 4 Red Swordsman Farlons. There was ironically an Earth Type Buff too

So, in short, there are indeed lots of kinks to work out. I could just be very unlucky, or there could be a more intricate system to what happens in the arena. The types of challenges aren't very diverse yet, and there's still the occasional frustrating squad wipes, but I suppose it gives the element of luck instead of actual strategy to the arena portion of the game. Let me know if there's anything more that you've noticed or want to point out, as well as ideas to add into this portion of the game, or if you have any notes or calculations you want to add.
    Also, if there's going to be a enemy First Strike, at least put a cap on it to allow no BB/SBB moves on the first turn. Give us a chance to rescue units from a full wipe at least.
    **(All estimates were derived from a 1 week testing period.)**

~AV
    Last edited by Arzator; 02-12-2016, 01:29 PM.

Originally posted by Arzator View Post

6.) Repetitive leaders and units. Same leads and teams, and you'll easily understand when you pay attention.[/B]
    *No lying, 5 Zedus leads in a row, 3 of them had the exact same sub-units as well. Easy to beat yes, but very cheap.

8.) Enemy teams can have duplications but we can't.
    *Again, I wouldn't lie about this. A Herculean Ultor lead with 4 Red Swordsman Farlons. There was ironically an Earth Type Buff too
    There's one time I met a squad full of Gun Goddess Serin twice in single run with the same user name.

Comment

• Arzator
      Arzator commented
      Editing a comment
      You too?! Man, that Ultor with all the Farlon's was annoying.

That enemy teams can have dupes and we don't. It's because we don't only fight squads of other CArena challengers, they also use normal arena teams.

Hahaha a full Maggress 7* team here. OFS. Goodbye units. xD

Comment

• Arzator
      Arzator commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, after a while I realized that too. I wish they would edit the mechanics or AI of the c.a.

Bad thing : hard grinding for first two weeks after start of CA season

Good thing : 4 weeks after, still enjoying 5 STs weekly for doing nothing...

Nuff said

Comment

• Arzator
      Arzator commented
      Editing a comment
      That is very true. Especially getting to legendary and getting free gems XD
Working...
X
CLICK HERE!